Director of Finance and Administration
- Job posted by Rainbow Community Center of Contra Costa County
2118 Willow Pass Road
The Director of Administration and Finance oversees agency finance, contracts and grants, and agency data and outcomes. This position is focused on creating, refining, and maintaining systems to organize service, finance, and evaluation data collection from up to 30 staff and interns. As part of the senior administration, this position will also play a large part in creating and supporting a healthy LGBTQ culture.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Able to look at and work with both the big picture and the small details
- Strong in Excel and familiar with Quickbooks, general accounting principles, payroll
- Good with numbers and data in many forms (service data, evaluation data, finance data, etc.)
- Committed to improving the health and wellbeing of LGBTQ people
- Able to work under pressure with tight turnarounds and limited staff support currently
Rainbow Community Center of Contra Costa County (RCC) is committed to creating an organizational culture that fulfills our mission of building community and promoting well-being among our community members who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Same Gender Loving, Trans*, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual (LGBTQ), HIV+, and Allies.
Our services are based upon a three tier model of interventions that are designed to reduce isolation, identify individuals in need of direct support, and increase resiliency of our consumers – all while building skills needed to cope with the impact of living in a heteronormative and often rejecting dominant culture. Our work is also grounded within a vision of creating a society that embraces acceptance for people of all sexual orientation and gender identities & expressions.
Contract and Grant Management
· Serves as member of senior leadership staff along with Executive Director, Clinical Director, Youth Director, Director of Community Programs, and Director of Communications and Development
· May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor as necessary
· Comply with security, safety and health standards in the workplace
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
· Familiarity with QuickBooks and GAAP non-profit accounting
· Familiarity with LGBTQ Cultural Competence in human services
· Experience with program planning, implementation, and evaluation
· Knowledge of MS Office, especially MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, Publisher
· Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Cover letter (required) and resume summarizing your finance/accounting/bookkeeping/grants administration experiences, career path vision, particular interests in working at RCC, understanding of nonprofit organizational budgets in the $1.5 million range and their inherent realities. Email with attached PDFs by April 11th.