Title: Member Services Coordinator
Department: Member Services
Reports to: Director of Member Engagement
Location: 39 Broadway- Lower Manhattan
Who We Are:
To learn about who we are, our organizational core values, and how we serve as Food Bankers, please visit Our Approach.
Food Bank For New York City For 35 years, Food Bank For New York City has been the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end hunger throughout the five boroughs. Nearly one in five New Yorkers relies on Food Bank for food and other resources. Food Bank takes a strategic, multifaceted approach that provides meals and builds capacity in the neediest communities, while raising awareness and engagement among all New Yorkers. Through its network of more than 1,000 charities and schools citywide, Food Bank provides food for more than 61 million free meals per year for New Yorkers in need. Food Bank For New York City’s income support services, including food stamps (also known as SNAP) and free tax assistance for the working poor, put more than $110 million each year into the pockets of New Yorkers, helping them to afford food and achieve greater dignity and independence. Food Bank’s nutrition education programs and services empower more than 50,000 children, teens and adults to sustain a healthy diet and active lifestyle on a limited budget. Working toward long-term solutions to food poverty, Food Bank develops policy and conducts research to inform community and government efforts. To learn more about how you can help, please visit foodbanknyc.org.
Primary Purpose of the Job
To ensure consistent, professional, and courteous correspondence to Food Bank For New York City’s member agencies. Maintain updated contact information and files for all members. Provide administrative support to the Member Engagement Department. Manage monthly Member Services training calendar. Provide leadership and creativity in working with both Member Services staff and other FBNYC departments around all member needs.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as liaison between Food Bank and its network of member agencies and potential member agencies by assisting with general questions, requests, fielding/responding to phone calls, emails, and additional communication.
- Serve as one of two primary customer service points of contact for internal and external communication for Food Bank’s Member Engagement team.
- Oversee call center voicemail and follow-up
- Work with the Director of Member Engagement to create communications for the member network
- Direct member questions/issues to the appropriate Food Bank departments
Member Services Operational Responsibilities
- Coordinate and take minutes for all Member Services team meetings
- Coordinate with Food Bank’s Member Engagement team of Coordinators to ensure member communication and requests for information, assistance, etc., is tracked.
- Coordinate initial phases of the new membership process
- Vet prospects in initial membership application process against Food Bank Membership criteria, ensuring follow up with agencies for clarification or application documents to move forward in the process before determining if the agency is eligible for membership.
- Receive applications, set up into Salesforce and create electronic introduction to the MEC who will be conducting the site visit
- Compile all application packets for review by the Director of Member Services
- Serve as Primary Member Services Point of Contact for HRA (EFAP) requests to modify member information.
- Activate and Inactivate/add and remove holds in CERES upon request from MEC or HRA (EFAP) representative which also includes open and closing, adding EFAP qualifiers to member agencies and change of information
- Maintain accurate files and reports.
- Coordinate mail merge and agreement tracking for all Member Services contracts
- Respond to request/questions from members which includes any changes to member profile
- Make all manual changes in CERES upon management’s request
- Create and reset online ordering and FeedNYC passwords.
- Troubleshoot and assist members with the Online ordering system and periodically take member orders to ensure the order is submitted successfully.
- Coordinate member mailing/email, receive and manage tracking database for all contracts which includes HPNAP, EFSP, and other private food dollars
- Creates all member communications around grant updates and spend down analysis for approval by Associate Director of Member Engagement
- Work to develop strategies and coordination for member grant spend down to support Director of Member Engagement
- Create and mail/email training calendar, distribute to MEC’s and appropriate Food Bank staff
- Support RSVP for all member trainings
- Collect and track RSVP’s and send email confirmations for all trainings
- Coordinate handouts, sign-in sheets, food ordering, etc. for monthly Member Services training
- Schedule conference rooms for all internal trainings
- Distribute metro cards and other incentives following each in-house training
- Create/prepare and update Food Bank certification cards and letter/certification following completion of each training
- Include Food Bank trainings onto the Feednyc.org website
- Creates and co- facilitates all Web-ex trainings for Member Services
- Report monthly training numbers for dashboard
- Manage RSVP’s for the agencies that mail in registrations for the Annual Agency Conference
Qualifications and experience that this role requires
- Bachelor's degree;
- Strong customer service background and demonstrated ability to ensure consistent, professional and courteous correspondence at all times with Food Bank For New York City member agencies;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and excellent time management skills
- English Proficiency Required, Spanish Preferred
- Knowledge of Salesforce database preferred
- Ability to work comfortably in a deadline-oriented environment
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Commitment to Food Bank’s core values of Leadership, Network, Stewardship and Innovation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please kindly submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Thank you!