Part Time Temporary
414a Chapel Street
All Our Kin, Inc., a nationally-recognized, nonprofit organization that trains, supports, and sustains community child care providers to ensure that children and families have the foundation they need to succeed in school and in life. We are seeking an experienced and upbeat Intern to join our team
All Our Kin first opened its doors in a New Haven housing development in 1999 with two staff members, six mothers, six children, and one core belief: all children deserve access to high-quality early learning opportunities. Through our programs, family child care professionals succeed as business owners; working parents find stable, high-quality care for their children; and our youngest and most vulnerable children receive the early learning experiences that prepare them to succeed in school and in life. Today, we serve over 400 family child care providers in New Haven, Bridgeport, Norwalk and Stamford, with a new office in New York City; these parents and educators in turn serve over 2,400 children in our community. To learn more about our work, please visit www.allourkin.org.
We are searching for enthusiastic team players who are looking to make an impact and are excited about being a part of an effective, growing and dynamic non-profit organization. This is a fellowship position and we anticipate that the Data and Evaluation Fellow will work approximately 15-20 hours per week from August 2018 through May 2019. The Data and Evaluation Fellow is supervised by the Research, Evaluation & Data Specialist. All Our Kin has offices in New Haven, Bridgeport, and Stamford, CT. The Data and Evaluation Fellow will primarily work at our New Haven location.
Intern Responsibilities and Learning Objectives
● Design and Implement program evaluations, employing focus groups, interviews, and surveys with providers in our network
● Apply a social justice framework to evaluation from design to analysis and formation of recommendations
● Employ common statistical methods and GIS techniques to analyze data
● Interpret and share data findings with both technical and non-technical audiences through reports and data visualization including charts and infographics
● Use publically-available datasets in conjunction with data from All Our Kin’s CRM database to identify trends in service delivery and impact within and across our four sites
● Observe use of assessment tools and research alternative tools to develop recommendations
● Support data and evaluation needs of our New York site and new staff through: 1) providing training in use of assessment tools, systems, and processes, 2) identifying data and research resources within communities, and 3) presenting recommendations to improve to All Our Kin’s data strategy to best serve all sites
● Create a system for documentation of data collection, analysis, and synthesis methods and processes
● Translate survey/interview/focus group responses from Spanish to English as needed
● Other tasks as needed to advance evaluation and data utility at All Our Kin
Ideal candidates will:
● Be a part of an innovative and dynamic team
● Be dedicated to continuous learning and use their role of data and evaluation in advancing All Our Kin’s mission
● Be proactive, highly organized, detail-oriented and take initiative to ensure accuracy and utility of data
● Be eager to learn and creatively problem-solve
● Demonstrate integrity and judgement
● Be equally comfortable and effectively work independently and as part of a team
● Demonstrate professional working fluency in English and Spanish
● Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
● Strong communication skills written and verbal
● Comfortable with Excel (including pivot tables) and online survey tools (Google Forms, Survey Monkey, etc)
Familiar with statistical software and GIS software (preferred)
Benefits of Working at All Our Kin:
All Our Kin’s small size, focus on innovation, and collaborative model of program development make it possible for staff members to get a close look at the workings of a small, high-impact nonprofit organization on the cusp of two critical issues: job creating and child care. All Our Kin is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes that diversity and opportunity are fundamental to children’s lives and to our work. We offer competitive salaries.
All Our Kin is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes that diversity and opportunity are fundamental to children’s lives and to our work.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter by email to: email@example.com
Minimum Education Required