722 West 168th Street
Under the direction of the Associate Operations Director for Systems and Field Support, the Operations Officer supports the effective and efficient administration of ICAP’s OnBase Electronic Document Retention project, effort planning, monitoring, and reporting, and other projects as assigned, with a focus on sponsor/donor, Columbia University (CU), and MSPH/ICAP regulatory and policy compliance.
This position is grant funded.
Electronic Document Retention
- Preparing, scanning, indexing, tracking, and verifying records and documentation.
- Performing OnBase system testing, maintaining testing scripts, notes on enhancements, work flows/processes and development of user guides notes on enhancements, work flows/processes and development of user guides.
- Cataloguing, preparing and scheduling hard copies of files for archive or appropriate disposal.
- Filing documents in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
Effort Planning & Monitoring
- Support process of forecasting and monitoring CU personnel costs to ensure compliant and efficient utilization of organizational resources.
- Update and maintain a comprehensive tracking tool utilized to document all data associated with budgeted personnel costs and staff salary distributions.
- Regularly distribute salary support available on projects to PIs, Project Leads and Unit Directors .
- Generate combo codes within the CU People at Columbia (PAC) system for all projects and accounts.
- Initiate recurrent entry of CU personnel (regular, temporary and casual hires) salary distributions and cost transfers.
- Maintain knowledge management system and retain supporting documents (electronic) on all transactions entered into the PAC system to ensure internal and external audit compliance.
- Ensure timely and complete responses to internal review and audit inquiries related to personnel expenses and effort
- Support the review and annual certification of effort for approximately 160 ICAP/CU staff and 19 PIs supporting 100+ individual sponsored projects and activities.
- Prepare quarterly and annual effort review and certification statements and materials for PI and Self-Certifiers and track progress to ensure on time completion.
- Establishing and monitoring UNIs within the Delegated Identity Administration (DIA) system and addressing other information requirements.
- Upload local hire certifier and payroll data into the effort reporting (ECRT) system and address any system or data issues to be investigated and resolved.
- Maintain monthly payroll records and UNIs for all local hire personnel.
- On a quarterly basis, support the dissemination of internal financial attestations to PIs, address issues to be investigated and resolved, and submit signed attestations to ICAP Finance by the CU-required deadline.
- Collaborate closely with Senior Grants Managers in documenting Harlem Prevention Center rent allocations, preparing materials for ICAP Deputy Director/COO and MSPH approval, and submitting journal entries to expense relevant projects.
- Prepare and submit journal entries for monthly Informatics Service Center expenses.
Other Duties, As Assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Public Health, Public Administration, or related field.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of eexperience in the management and operational requirements of donor-supported public health or development projects within a non-profit or academic setting.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated orientation towards customer-service and capacity to work with a high degree of independence within a matrixed, deadline driven, multi-tasking operating environment.
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Intermediate skills in Adobe Acrobat Pro and document imaging software.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals and guidelines.
- Experience in finance, budgeting, and internationally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience working collaboratively in either business or computer science is a plus, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates, please apply here-