Under the direction of the Director of College & School Counseling, the Alumni Support Specialist plays an essential role in identifying, creating, and disseminating a suite of resources and supports to Prospect Hill alumni during their post-secondary years to ensure their on-going success throughout college. S/he has a critical role in helping Prospect Hill achieve its goal of supporting students to and through successful college completion and post-secondary achievement. This is a contracted position with key deliverables and expected outcomes; the total compensation for completion of contract will be $25,000. This is a 15-20 hr/wk position.
- Visit 6-10 regional colleges biannually to meet with PHA alumni on campus, both individually and in small groups, to build relationships, determine needed supports, and provide resources
- Hold regular office hours, both in-person and virtually, for alumni students
- Coordinate and host virtual webinars on relevant topics (i.e. imposter syndrome) for alumni twice per semester; offer and provide follow-up support and resources as needed
- Coordinate and host virtual financial aid renewal event for alumni in late Fall; offer and provide follow-up support and resources as needed
- Facilitate alumni data collection and analysis to identify key data trends including: alumni persistence, non-enrolled alumni, 2-yr college plan alumni, etc.
- Research, maintain, and promote a robust scholarship database for alumni
- Develop and maintain robust alumni contact database
- Develop training materials for future alumni ambassadors
NOTE: This list of essential and additional functions is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be supplemented at the request of one’s supervisor and/or senior management.
- Attend weekly meetings with Director to review key priorities, deliverables, project plans, and outcomes
- Additional responsibilities and tasks requested or assigned by manager
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience/working in an education or non-profit setting
- Bachelor’s Degree required in any applicable field
- Commitment to addressing equity issues in higher education for first generation, low income college students
- Commitment to Prospect Hill Academy's educational mission, vision, and values
- Commitment to working with students and families from diverse backgrounds with diverse profiles
- Well-developed and demonstrated cultural proficiency
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both written and oral
- Passionate about collaboration with colleagues and supervisor
- Fluency in Google suite of applications
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms to stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Regularly required to operate a computer and other office equipment with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional use of hands to handle or feel
- Occasional climbing or balancing
- Regular speaking and hearing; specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception
The above information outlines the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job; nor is it a contract for employment. The school will make reasonable accommodations as they relate to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Employment at the School is on an “Employment-At-Will” basis. In other words, you or the School may terminate employment for any reason and at any time, with or without notice. Similarly, the terms of employment outlined in this description are subject to change at any time.