Details: The hourly wage range for this position is $30.04 -$31.04 per hour ($58,581.90 - $60,534.63 annualized)
7900 Edgewater Drive
Are you interested in using your multi-channel, direct-response fundraising experience to make the difference in the lives of 116,000 Alameda County residents every month? Do you strongly believe that no man, woman or child in Alameda County should go to bed hungry? If you said yes to any of these questions, then please consider joining the Alameda County Community Food Bank’s mission of passionately pursuing a hunger-free community.
As a key member of the Individual Giving team, the Individual Giving Specialist is responsible for implementing a multi-channel direct response program focused on donor acquisition, retention, recognition and upgrade. This position coordinates a robust direct mail program externally with vendors and internally with development team and volunteers. Reporting to the Associate Director of Annual Fund, a successful candidate would also conduct personalized outreach to mid-level individual donors to deepen engagement and increase support to meet annual fundraising goals; coordinates donor cultivation efforts, produces timely donor reports and provides administrative support as needed. Major job responsibilities also include:
- Collaboration with the Communications & Marketing team to produce compelling copy for print and electronic solicitations;
- Development and production of all online and offline direct response vehicles;
- Management of annual calendar of donor communications;
- Act as CRM expert to maximize CRM for planning and implementing cohesive direct marketing efforts, tracking and reporting
- Production of direct response analytics including tracking project/campaign returns against revenue goals and producing accurate and timely reports
- Development/management of a personal portfolio of 40 mid-level individual donors/prospects at the $500-$1,499 level including the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship process for these donors
- Active participation in donor cultivation events
The 2016 Feeding America Food Bank of the Year, Alameda County Community Food Bank is a well-established and multi-faceted organization serving 1 in 5 Alameda County residents. Our organization’s success is built on bold decision-making, a culture of equity and inclusivity, and an environment that embraces innovative thinking to create a healthier, more prosperous and just community for all. The distribution of 31 million meal annually, through partnership with 200 community organizations, is the core of our efforts – which also include nationally-recognized advocacy and outreach efforts, nutrition and wellness, research, and partnerships in healthcare and education. We have received Charity Navigator’s top rating for 11 consecutive years, ranking us among the top 1 person of charities nationwide. Please learn more about our efforts at www.accfb.org.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong planning, organizational and project management skills
- Superior computer skills including MS Office Suite, fundraising databases/CRMs such as Blackbaud
- Strong analytical skills to monitor and evaluate campaign outcomes
- Superior interpersonal skills, exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to creatively engage others in the organization’s work
- Ability to prioritize, manage time efficiently, complete projects within tight timeframes, remain flexible and work effectively under pressure
- Prior experience working with online and offline direct response campaigns, preferably in a nonprofit organization, and/or a marketing and PR environment
- Experience working with vendors and volunteers
- Excellent customer service skills; prior experience working with donors preferred
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and accountability and be a strong team player
- Valid California Driver’s License with an insurable driving record and access to reliable transportation
Personal Attributes and Values
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, and creativity around Alameda County Community Food Bank’s vision, mission and values of community, leadership, transparency, and diversity.
- Impeccable integrity and honesty.
- Strong work ethic with an orientation towards constant innovation and process improvement
- Innovative self-starter and problem solver with a bias towards action
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative setting with people of diverse backgrounds/circumstances
This is work primarily located in an office environment. Physical activities necessary in the performance of this job: sitting for prolonged periods, mobility to move throughout the food bank in performance of duties. Ability to communicate in clear speaking voice in person and over the phone in English, listening, communicating information in a clear and articulate manner. Writing, reading and ability to comprehend information. Ability to use a computer to perform writing tasks. Ability to lift 35 lbs. Involves the need for a flexible schedule for occasional weekend events.
ACCFB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACCFB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the ACCFB has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a full-time non-exempt position working a 7.5 hour workday, 37.5 hours per week. The hourly wage range for this position is $30.04 -$31.04 per hour ($58,581.90 - $60,534.63 annualized). We offer an outstanding benefit package including:
- Medical: 100% for employees and 93% for dependents for Kaiser HMO. Buy-up options to Blue Shield HMO and PPO plans are available.
- Dental: 100% for employees and their dependents.
- Vision: Optional
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Optional
- Commuter Benefit Account: Optional
- Supplemental life, ADD & LTD insurance: 100% coverage
- 403(b) plan available on the first day with employer match after 1 year of service
- Employee Assistance Program: 100% coverage for employee and dependents
- Generous vacation, sick and holiday leave accruals
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you meet these qualifications and want to join our mission, please send your resume and cover letter through our Careers page located at https://www.accfb.org/about-us/careers/
Due to high volume from our open positions and our limited capacity, we are unable to accept phone inquiries at this time. Thank you for your interest!