1230 York Avenue
The Rockefeller University is the world’s leading biomedical research University. Our groundbreaking discoveries in basic and clinical research are transforming medicine. We share a singular commitment to advancing science for the benefit of humanity. Our collaborative culture drives each of us to achieve a higher level, fueling the breakthroughs for which we are known.
Reporting to the Special Assistant in the Office of the President, this position provides high-level administrative support to the President of Rockefeller University who has a complex meeting and travel schedule. The Assistant is the first point of contact for the Office of the President and interacts with a variety of constituencies across the university and externally, including Trustees and donors, and handles details of highly confidential and critical nature. In addition, this position provides backup to members of the President’s office team.
- Managing the President’s complex calendar using judgment in prioritizing meetings and commitments in consultation with the Special Assistant; proactively identifying scheduling conflicts well in advance and accurately communicating details of meetings to all participants; coordinating routine catering and media services for meetings
- Coordinating all travel arrangements in accordance with the President’s needs and preferences; preparing trip itineraries and reimbursements
- Collecting and organizing information for use in discussions and meetings
- Coordinating, prioritizing, and drafting President’s correspondence
- Serving as the primary liaison between the Office of the President and the President’s laboratory
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years of experience as an assistant to a senior management level position; Higher education experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to exercise tact and diplomacy
- Experience dealing with a wide range of people
- Strong customer service skills and desire to assist others; ability to quickly establish rapport
- Discretion in handling extremely sensitive and/or confidential items
- Proven ability to exercise independent judgment in making decisions; ability to take initiative in solving problems; ability to work collegially and collaboratively with others
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to set and juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
Rockefeller University provides a robust, comprehensive benefits plan for all of our full-time and part-time employees. We strive to support our employees in their work and their life, offering great benefits, perks, and valuable resources for each employee and their family.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative work environment.
Please make sure to upload your resume and a cover letter.
The Rockefeller University is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans