The nationally acclaimed Baltimore Urban Debate League (BUDL) is currently seeking a dynamic urban educator who is passionate about changing life opportunities for Baltimore City youth to serve as our one of our Program Managers. Founded in 1999, the Baltimore Urban Debate League is dedicated to increasing and improving educational and life opportunities for students in Baltimore City’s public schools. BUDL creates learning opportunities through competitive debate and teacher professional development. This position supports the continued growth and expansion of the League. To ensure consistent and high-quality programming, the Program Manager will work in collaboration with BUDL’s Executive Director to provide training, resource development, and continued support to speech and debate teacher-coaches across Baltimore City.
- Manage all aspects of the League’s competitive debate programming and event administration to include monthly Saturday tournaments.
- Develop and provide supportive and equitable learning opportunities for students in the League.
- Enhance and implement BUDL’s comprehensive and strategic vision across partnering schools; think and act collaboratively, strategically, and proactively in order to reach more students and schools.
- Create, implement, and update program plans to include desired outcomes, benchmarks, and data reporting.
- Deliver the highest quality coach support and program results; coach, mentor, motivate teachers to recruit, and support students in their debate learning.
- Coordinate and support Lead Coaches in support of school-based coaches.
- Meet weekly with the Executive Director to monitor and maximize progress.
- Create monthly data and progress reports for various stakeholders to include teacher-coaches, principals, and board.
- Undergraduate degree
- Event Planning Experience
- Experience teaching in an urban setting
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and superior written and verbal communication skills; the ability to understand and translate information for all audiences; clarity, crispness, and elegance in writing and speaking
- Excellent planning and execution skills; ability to achieve strategic goals in a well-organized fashion while still possessing high energy, creativity and imagination; experience overseeing program evaluation and utilizing data to drive decision making
- Ability to engage, interact effectively with, and earn the respect of all the constituencies of the Baltimore Urban Debate League community, including school leaders
- A very strong work ethic, supported by commitment and follow-through; high degree of collaboration, discretion, and maturity yet comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment and willing to contribute as needed to an emerging organization
- Debate experience and knowledge
- Experience with Google Suite
- Experience developing and implementing successful extracurricular programs or experience developing curriculum, training and professional development of teachers within an urban educational a plus
- Proficiency in Spanish