The Supervisor of Post Adoption Services and Post Permanency reports to the Director of Compliance, Post Adoption, Post Permanency and is responsible for the supervision of post adoption and post permanency professional staff as well as the coordination of the post adoption and post permanency programs. The Supervisor will provide direct supervision to assigned post adoption and post permanency case managers. The Supervisor will provide input into the development of the programs and administer the necessary subcontract relationships within the post adoption and post permanency programs. The Supervisor will work to achieve effective working relationships with other agencies and professionals in the community, while continuously cultivating additional service providers.
▪ Supervise and support the professional staff assigned to work on the post adoption and post permanency services contract with TDFPS.
▪ Carry a caseload of post adoption and/or post permanency clients.
▪ Assure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements of the agency in relation to the TDFPS contract.
▪ Assure quality control and maintenance of agency and client records.
▪ Coordinate billing, financial concerns and contracts with Finance and Administration.
▪ Support the Director of Post Adoption and Post Permanency in the collection of statistical data, quality improvement, and general reports.
▪ Represent the agency in a professional manner to promote the services of the program to the community at large.
▪ Carries out duties in a professional and respectful manner that helps to build good working relationships internal and external to the agency.
▪ Coordinates subcontractor training.
▪ Facilitate services to the families, such as family preservation and mother’s groups as well as therapeutic camps.
▪ Participate in state wide quarterly post adoption and post permanency provider meetings as needed.
▪ Maintain an understanding of family dynamics theory and practice
▪ Possess excellent interpersonal and interviewing skills
▪ Possess an aptitude and energy for program development
▪ Utilize good clinical assessment skills with families
▪ Speak to external groups and funders about post adoption and post permanency services
▪ Cope with changing situations and work under pressure
▪ Demonstrate leadership in a team-building environment
▪ Participates in Leadership team meetings as well as quarterly all-staff meetings
▪ Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related area with five years of experience in adoption or post adoption.
• Master's Degree in Social Work and previous experience in adoption, post adoption or post permanency preferred.
▪ Requires good, basic, clerical and administrative skills with emphasis on verbal and written communication skills (in English); good common sense; positive attitude; willingness to take initiative; and ability to maintain confidentiality.
▪ Requires knowledge of DFPS Contract requirements.
▪ Requires regular verbal and written contact with administrative personnel, middle and senior management. The nature of these communications range from a routine exchange of information to a process of securing information and/or responding to inquiries where explanation and discussion may be required using judgment.
▪ Requires the ability to use the following equipment: computer, computer software, scanner, printer, telephone, copier, facsimile machine, calculator, and postage machine. May use other equipment as required for the position.
▪ Personal car or readily available transportation for agency business
▪ Valid state Driver License
▪ Valid auto liability insurance
▪ Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required
The Supervisor of Post Adoption Services and Post Permanency reports to the Director of Compliance, Post Adoption, Post Permanency and is responsible for the supervision of post adoption and post permanency professional staff as…