Safe Horizon's mission is to provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities.
Safe Horizon is seeking an experienced trainer to join its Learning & Development team.
We are a thought leader in providing human service professionals with the skills for high-quality client-centered, culturally responsive, and trauma-informed services.
As a department, we are a small but highly committed team that values collaboration and mutual support. This position will require curriculum development and delivery of a variety of training courses and tailored learning experiences for Safe Horizon employees, as well as the performance of miscellaneous duties related to training and development.
This is a highly visible training and facilitation role within the organization.
- Learn and integrate a trauma-informed, client-centered approach, using an anti-oppressive lens, into your work with staff and colleagues. Coach and guide staff in their client practice that reflects these approaches.
- Deliver innovative training and professional development programs to staff and their supervisors with current focus on trauma-informed practice, leadership development, social justice learning, and talent management.
- Plan and facilitate in-person instruction, electronic learning, multimedia programs, and other computer-aided instructional technologies, and workshops.
- Assist in the design of online learning experiences and multimedia curriculum.
- Conduct presentations and webinars.
- Utilize and/or maintain the Safe Horizon learning management system for registration/attendance, course evaluation, generation of training certificates and database reports.
- Research, evaluate, and assist with management of external training providers.
- Stay current on Learning & Staff Development trends, technology, and best practices to inspire a culture of learning
- Performs other training related duties/projects as assigned.
- Experience with coaching employees to enhance performance and to excel professionally.
- Minimum of 5 years training delivery with strong training platform skills including ability to create a learning environment in the classroom, manage the class and time, facilitate interactive learning, and understand the basic principles of adult learning theory.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in training and development, human resources, psychology, business or a related discipline, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Strong professional presentation skills and an ability to interact appropriately with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written skills.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, and able to manage multiple projects and competing demands.
- Ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently.
- Technical skills including Microsoft Office 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point), and the Internet.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- A creativity and growth mindset for delivering transformational learning experiences.
- Strong information search and research skills, analytical and creative problem solving skills.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information: