1841 Park Avenue
East 126th Street
Association to Benefit Children (ABC) is dedicated to bringing joy and warmth to disadvantaged children and their families through compassionate, sustainable, comprehensive and integrated services, designed to permanently break the cycles of abuse, neglect, sickness and homelessness.
We aim to empower parents to be their child(ren)’s first teacher by giving them the tools to enhance their physical, social, emotional and intellectual development while in the comfort of their home.
We are looking for a great candidate that has the following competencies:
- Interested in establishing a caring and supportive relationship with families we partner with
- Is familiar with child development and/or social services delivery systems
- Can manage a caseload of 12 families, prioritize, plan work activities, set goals and objectives, and use time effectively
- Conduct one home visit per week for each family, 90 minutes in duration according to a program calendar.
- Conduct at least two group socialization activities per month
- Organize, monitor and facilitate socialization group activities on site twice monthly while providing an atmosphere that promotes and reinforces parental involvement in the classroom and parent education activities.
- Preparation of family partnership agreements that focus on setting goals and identifying the responsibilities, timetables and strategies for achieving goals.
- Plan, develop, and maintain a safe, health, attractive learning environment including provision of developmentally appropriate materials;
- Follow all local, state and federal policies, standards and regulations pertaining to the Early Head Start programs and services;
- Collect, analyze, manage and report data pertaining to children’s progress
Credentials and Experience:
- Proficient in Speaking and Writing Spanish
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Related Field
- Knowledge of Adult Learning
- Knowledge of Child Development
- Experience working both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of HeadStart a plus
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume and a cover letter.