80 Broad Street
Who We Are:
ideas42 has a clear mission: to use our unique experience as a non-profit at the forefront of behavioral science to change millions of lives for good. As a growing research and consulting organization with offices in New York, Washington D.C., Boston, and San Francisco, we create innovative solutions to tough problems in economic mobility, health, education, safety and justice, consumer finance, energy efficiency and international development. We offer a dynamic and unique work environment, with a team of highly accomplished individuals who are seeking to make a powerful and positive impact on the world.
As the Staff Accountant you will be an integral member of the Finance Team, with responsibilities including assisting with accounts payable, payroll and benefits, period close out, audit preparation, financial reporting and project budgeting.
Completion of a case study will be required to proceed with this application. You will have 5 days to submit.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years of nonprofit accounting experience
- Expert knowledge of regulations, processes, and financial reporting
- Adept at Fund-EZ or similar, Microsoft Office and Google Suite Software
- Quick learner who takes ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, with a ‘customer service’ mindset
- Ability to work independently or as a team
- Demonstrate exceptional time and task management
- Experience of Federal and City funding is preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, analyzing expenses and credit card charges
- Prepare payroll with staffing allocations and journal into accounting system
- Assist with all aspects of the fiscal period close
- Create Financial Reports for use by management, the Board, and funders
- Financial management, budgeting, tracking and reporting of donor funded projects
- Be main contact for all questions regarding business insurance, benefits and 401k matters
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume and cover letter via our website http://www.ideas42.org/careers/ in the ‘Current Openings’ section, or select the link in the Idealist post.
100% premium health, vision and dental coverage
Organization 401k plan
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please note: completion of a case study will be required for this role.