105 Allston Street
West End House staff identify as passionate and innovative youth development professionals. They view their work as more than just a job. They are driven by love, equality and commitment to build meaningful relationships with young people.
The Teen Services Coordinator is responsible for creating a fun, engaging, and impactful experiences for teens at the West End House. The ideal candidate will have the strong desire and ability to connect with teens and motivate teens to bethem to be engaged in academic, leadership, and recreational programs. They will also be responsible implementing a wide variety interests based programs that help to recruit and retain teens in our daily program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the delivery of a comprehensive array of key academic, leadership, and recreational programs for member’s age 13 to 18, including but not limited to groups, activities, events and field trips.
- Establish meaningful relationships with teens and provide guidance for their academic progress and leadership development.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Academic Success to collect report cards, create targeted study groups and to manage student interventions
· Plan and execute High School Exploration Programming for 8th grade students to guide them through high school selection
· Organized and execute Khan Academy SAT preparation program
- Build and promote a culture of community and fun in the High School Lounge.
- Create recruitment and retention plans and monitorTtrack teen attendance to ensure consistent enrollment in daily programs; Create recruitment and retention plans as needed.
· Strength Based Relationship Building - The WEH uses a strength based approach to build relationships that endure and contribute to positive outcomes for our young people. Staff focus on the assets of our young people, rather than the deficits, to support continuous growth;
· Innovation – WEH prides itself on creating and offering innovative and responsive programs. Staff members are expected to think outside the box, proactively problem solve, and be courageous in their daily work;
· Curiosity –WEH staff are enthusiastic to learn. They participate in personal and professional opportunities designed to challenge and expand to their knowledge base. They are encouraged to seek out learning experiences and actively participate in their own development;
· Data Informed - Assessing our impact is critical to insuring the best outcomes for our program participants. Our staff is expected to use data to inform current program content and future program development, ensuring our offerings meet the needs AND interest of our young people;
· Healthy Environment – Teaching our members the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a priority. As such, our staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our young people;
- “Hands-On” mentality - candidate must work directly with kids and families.
- Relentless and proactively reaches out to youth, can see a youth succeeding even when the youth cannot see it her/himself
- Strong group facilitation skills balancing youth needs and interests.
- Ability to relate to culturally diverse group of youth as an instructor and mentor.
- Thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced environment; works hours as program and youth needs arise
- Witty with a fun sense of humor
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in youth development; preferably in multicultural environment
- Ability to work comfortably with a hands on approach, in study groups, workshops, or enrichment activities, with a diverse group of teens
· Experience with teen recruitment and retention
· Experience with innovative methods to contact and develop relationships with youth
- Strong classroom management and program facilitation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of youth development
- Experience working in multicultural environments, bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a strong plus.
· Valid Massachusetts driver’s license preferred.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Our comprehensive benefits are designed to enhance all aspects of our employees’ lives: physical health, financial security, general well-being and professional development. Our package for full-time staff members that includes competitive salary; paid vacation, holiday, and sick days; health and dental coverage; life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; voluntary 403b participation; and a pension contribution upon eligibility.
The West End House Boys & Girls Club (WEH) is an independent Boys and Girls Club in the City of Boston that has been transforming the lives of immigrant and urban youth since its founding in 1906. Our mission is to inspire and enable young people, especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds, to realize their potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens. Located in the Allston neighborhood of Boston, the WEH operates six days a week in its 43,000 square foot facility and has a $3.6 M annual budget. Twenty eight full-time staff deliver a broad scope of programming for 1,500 members between the ages of 7 and 20 in four core areas: leadership and life skills; academic support and college preparation; sports, fitness and nutrition; and visual and performing arts.
The West End House Girls & Boys Club is an equal -opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Minimum Education Required