The Facilities Supervisor role supports various levels of the Facilities team, is the lead mechanic, and is responsible for facilitating and coordinating all facility maintenance and repair needs. The Facilities Supervisor focuses on using best business practices to improve efficiency and maintenance.
Reports to: Facilities Director
- Devoted follower of Jesus Christ who embraces the organization’s Statement of Faith.
- 2-4 years of experience in a fast-paced facilities and maintenance and repair environment.
- Provide general day-to-day support to the Facilities Director (FD) as needed with special projects
- Provide general support to the Facilities team by serving as trainer in basic and complex skills in electrical, plumbing, and carpentry. Highly skilled mechanic.
- Supervise facilities staff by assisting in the hiring process, training process, supervision process, and growth track process.
- Provide diagnostic and troubleshooting support.
- Facilitate the timely and quality maintenance/repair and improvements related to seven facilities including but not limited to HVAC, security/alarm systems, building, furniture, and commercial kitchen appliances.
- Maintain the list of all equipment, including the manufacturer, model #, serial #.
- Help to create and prioritize Maintenance Services work orders as the needs arise.
- Lead in providing fire safety support. Must obtain FDNY certification as an F-02 Fire Guard and F-80 Fire Coordinator.
- Coordinate the process to keep all buildings compliant with building codes.
- Plan and implement meetings at each site to instruct and inform the facilities and program staff of the proper emergency procedures to follow.
- Work closely with site staff, Program directors, and outside contractors to ensure good housekeeping practices are maintained at all facilities.
- Provide vendor coordination with site staff, including but not limited to advising on maintenance required, obtaining quotes for approval, execution, and scheduling.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have a valid New York State driver’s license.
- Proficient in using email, and applications on your smart phone.
- On-Call 24/7 (except vacations).
- Must be available to work one weekend day.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; problem solving ability.
- Self-starter, and team player.
- Communicate professionally in a clear and concise manner (both verbal and written).
- Demonstrates highest professional standards of behavior…mature, responsible and accountable.