Details: Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
District of Columbia
About Digital Promise Global
Digital Promise Global is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit that aims to spur innovation in education for all levels of learners. Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise Global identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve all levels of education and provide Americans with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. Digital Promise Global is a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial organization that values and rewards performance, collaboration, and innovation.
About the Position
Digital Promise Global is partnering with HP, Inc. and Microsoft, as part of their Reinvent the Classroom initiative, to implement an educator advocacy program which will identify and celebrate schools and educators that exemplify powerful learning with technology. Powerful Learning experiences develop critical thinking and problem solving through authentic, personal and contextually relevant lessons and projects; collaboration skills through teamwork; inquiry through research and meaning-making; and agency as students develop positive identities and thinkers and learners.
The Project Manager will be part of the the Learning Experience Design initiative, a portfolio of projects that engage with schools and educators to design learning experiences that empower the next generation of creators and change-makers. Through vital partnerships with schools, as well as researchers, companies, and peer organizations we design and publish resources for practitioners, conduct and share research, and advocate for powerful learning experiences. This position will report to the Project Director, School Reinvented.
- Support development and publication of design principles for powerful learning with technology, to be used in selection of ambassador schools and educators.
- Collaborate with Educator Micro-credentials team to identify or design relevant stacks of educator micro-credentials that conform to the design principles.
- Develop and lead professional learning workshops and other activities, both in-person and online, to support schools and educators on using technology for powerful learning.
- Lead engagement and support activities for a cohort of 30 teachers from across the USA and Canada that exemplify the best practices of teaching with technology;
- Support the recruitment, application and selection of the cohort;
- Design and provide professional development opportunities for the cohort;
- Develop, publish and promote profiles of selected educators;
- Support selected teachers in earning relevant micro-credentials;
- Plan webinars, Twitter chats, and other media engagements both within the cohort and public;
- Support educators in showcasing their work on video and at conferences;
- Plan a convening for teacher cohort.
- Support two public schools who will serve as exemplars of enumerated learning design principles;
- Support development of school profiles and a 360 video school tour;
- Provide on-demand professional learning and consulting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Education Technology, or a related field required. Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in education, preferably as an instructional coach or technology coordinator.
- Experience coaching teachers.
- Project management experience, working with multiple stakeholders to develop and meet ambitious milestones.
- Ability to travel up to 30% time, as required to school and district sites and national conferences.
We also seek candidates with:
- A demonstrated commitment to improving education for students, particularly for those who have historically been underserved
- Experience collaborating and communicating with cross-functional team members to ensure information is shared, projects are completed on time, and goals are reached
- Stellar organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions
- Willingness to take initiative and see tasks through to completion
- A passion for education, a team mentality, creativity, and a positive “can-do,” “yes-and” spirit
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Please apply and submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
Digital Promise is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required