Details: Commensurate with experience.
District of Columbia
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time position for a Presentations Associate to work with the Science and Solutions team. This position will play an integral role in a fast-paced organization that combines strategic campaigns and cutting-edge communications to win concrete victories on the path to solving the climate crisis.
General Overview: The Presentations Associate is responsible for managing the organizing, updating and delivering of presentations to the Climate Reality Leadership Corps volunteers located all around the world. By virtue of bearing primary responsibility for slide-related functions that the Science and Solutions team performs, the Presentations Associate is also the team lead on Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings and is the liaison between the Science and Solutions team and the Engagement team in relation to presentations. Additionally, this position will support the Science and Solutions team by assisting with research on climate change science, energy technology and public policy, and other relevant disciplines as needed.
Climate Reality has offices in Washington D.C. and Boulder, Colorado. The location of this position is in the DC office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Organizing, vetting, reviewing, and proofing all slides created by Climate Reality’s Chairman’s office.
- Researching, vetting, writing, editing, reviewing and proofing talking points for slides, as well as slide descriptions and any additional notes, including references.
- Communicating with the slide team in the Chairman’s office to negotiate delivery of and changes to the slides.
- Embedding talking points into the slides.
- Reconstructing the slides from Keynote to PowerPoint.
- Organizing slides into modules and leading the team’s efforts to update slide modules, to include updating and keeping current all talking points.
- Managing the slide review process for Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings, including identifying a timeline for slide review, in coordination with other key event staff.
- Participating in other regular activities of the Science and Solutions and Engagement teams, including: research on climate science, energy technologies, climate and energy policy, by reviewing and summarizing latest studies, reports and peer-reviewed publications; attending events (such as seminars, webinars, hearings, briefings, symposia etc.) related to climate science, energy technologies, climate and energy policy etc.; reviewing social media approvals and other approvals for emails; preparing briefing materials for ’24 Hours of Reality,’ or other key events and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree. Focus on climate science, environmental science, energy technology or a relevant field strongly preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail a must and a passion for accuracy.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral skills.
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint required; familiarity with Keynote software desired.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and manage work on multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility to accommodate irregular and sometimes long work hours.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with no vesting period and a company match, mobile phone reimbursement and a transit subsidy.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com