Domestic Violence Emergency Shelter programs offer a comprehensive range of services including counseling, advocacy, intervention, and support to meet the needs of victims and their families.
Essential Job Functions:
The Residential Specialist works in a residential facility for battered women and their children. Primary duties include:
- Maintaining a safe and secure facility;
- Attend Staff meetings and trainings as requested;
- Responding to requests from residents;
- Meet regularly w/ team;
- Understanding and following emergency procedures, including fire procedures;
- Assisting with intake procedures as directed;
- Data entry of client information in internal and external client data system;
- Sorting, organizing and distributing household supplies, pantry items, donations of food, clothing; may include gifts and gift cards etc;
- Keeping activity logs;
- Assisting with bed utilization by helping with apartment preparation and cleaning; May assist during client discharges by bagging personal belongings;
- Crisis intervention, mediate between residents when necessary;
- May provide clients with resources such as petty cash and MetroCard’s;
- Accessing client units to conduct room checks as needed;
- Other related tasks as assigned
- High school diploma and two years experience working in residential facilities or relevant experience.
- Bilingual ability and computer skills a plus.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Minimum Education Required