ABOUT THE POSITION: The Building Specialist maintains a security presence in the reception and lobby area. They observe, record, and respond as needed to the comings and goings of guests, staff and residents, maintain a safe and comfortable environment for residents, and respond to tenant issues as appropriate. This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: Providing supported permanent housing for Veterans who are single, couples, and families, our Compass Veterans Center in Renton offers a variety of services for veterans under one roof. Reading groups and art classes for children in our youth center engage young residents, and case management services help adults find the support they need. The program is open to homeless veterans or homeless veterans with families, earning between zero to 60% Area Median Income.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Compass Housing Alliance develops and provides essential services and affordable housing for homeless and low-income people in the greater Puget Sound region. We envision a world in which every person lives in a safe and caring community. We recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to the organization. To learn more about the agency visit www.compasshousingalliance.org.
LOCATION: Renton Veterans Center
REPORTS TO: Property Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SCHEDULE: Sunday 7am-4pm; Monday 7am-5pm; Wednesday & Thursday 2-11pm; with staff meetings quarterly
SALARY RANGE: $14.28 per hour
Level of Language Proficiency
- Associate degree is strongly desired, Bachelor’s degree preferred in social services or social work related field. Or relevant work experience, certificate and/or equivalent continuing professional development or education.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in building security and/or customer service, desired
- At least 1-year of experience in human services (work and/or volunteer), desired.
- Familiarity with issues of homelessness, mental illness, chemical dependency, sexual assault, and/or domestic violence, desired.
- Experience working with clients with English as a second language or where there is limited English speaking ability
Minimum Education Required