The Outreach and Development Associate provides administrative and operational support for 1,000 Days and its Executive Director. The Outreach & Development Associate is responsible for the Executive Director’s scheduling, correspondence, travel and logistical coordination and assisting with the preparation of her talking points, presentations and communications materials. He or she assists with managing 1,000 Days’ office needs. The Associate may also be tasked to support 1,000 Days’ Management Team on fundraising-related projects, including through research and writing, as needed.
The Outreach and Development Associate reports to the Executive Director.
- Manages the Executive Director’s schedule, coordinates her travel arrangements and attendance in meetings and events, and provides other critical administrative support such as expense report management.
- Prepares correspondence and briefing materials for the Executive Director, including talking points, presentation decks, reports and marketing materials.
- Supports executive correspondence to 1,000 Days’ Board of Directors, including through scheduling and staffing meetings, tracking and following up on requests to and from the Board, and preparing materials and logistics for Board meetings.
- Manages logistical needs for in-person international and domestic events and meetings hosted by 1000 Days’ Executive Director, including, scheduling, venue selection, catering, RSVP management, materials preparation.
- Manages logistical and technical needs for phone calls, phone conferences, webinars and virtual meetings.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the 1,000 Days office, including general office duties, such as ordering supplies, etc.
- Assists the Management Team with writing and compiling grant reports; ongoing monitoring and tracking of 1,000 Days activities in accordance with grant reporting, as well as assisting with research needs on prospective funders and funding opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with an energetic, entrepreneurial attitude
- Demonstrated capacity to work with executives
- Exceptional writing abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated capacity to take initiative and work with a high sense of urgency
- Highly organized, detail-oriented
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Highly adept in using Microsoft Office software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with phone conferencing and web meeting applications
- Knowledge or demonstrated interest in nonprofit fundraising is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field of study
Success in this role requires an ability to balance multiple projects, shift priorities to meet tight deadlines, and complete tasks efficiently and with accuracy. The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and to pitch in for the good of the team is critical to success in the role. Overall, this position requires an individual who excels at working both independently and as part of a team.
ABOUT 1,000 DAYS
1,000 Days leads the fight to give mothers and babies in the U.S. and around the world the nutrition they need to thrive. We work with global leaders and grassroots communities of parents to make the 1,000 days between a woman’s pregnancy and her child’s 2nd birthday a window of opportunity to build healthier, brighter futures.
1,000 Days is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. The Outreach and Development Associate is a salaried, non-exempt position.
Minimum Education Required