This position reports to the Assistant Director of Employer Relations and serves as the central reception and communication point person for the office providing administrative support. This is a highly visible position requiring interaction (in person, on the phone, or via e-mail) with a wide range of University personnel, employers, vendors, students and alumni.
- Coordinate and oversee the reception area and assist visitors to the appropriate person in Career Services; answer phones, handle general inquiries, route calls, take messages, and manage voicemail system/appointment calendars for the office.
- Check office general email box and respond or route as appropriate.
- Schedule and coordinate the use of rooms at locations throughout the campus for events.
- Assist students, staff and employers with any issues they may have navigating the database, setting up or attending events
- Maintain an orderly and sufficient inventory of supplies for career services staff
- Help coordinate special events such as career fairs, panels, staff workshops, information sessions, and other events hosted by the office including AV/IT requests and catering.
- Act as initial point of contact for employers, guide through online registration process; manage and respond to emails concerning employer engagement events
- Develop and update web sites related to large scale career events
- Update and maintain employer database and job postings
- Assist with administrative projects including mailings, filing and research.
- Handle incoming and outgoing messenger packages, FedEx’s, and other deliveries.
- Assist with general on-campus or local errands.
- Make minor budgetary decisions with regard to departmental purchases.
- Maintain a department calendar for each semester (fall, spring, summer) indicating important events and deadline dates.
- Schedule appointments, meetings, travel and provide additional assistance to the Director as required.
- Attend events and monitor student check-in
- With some oversight, review prescreen internship and job postings on a daily basis to ensure students have timely access to apply to positions
- Collaborate with other staff members on website maintenance and social media
- Hire and train student workers; delegate tasks and monitor student workers’ work progress
- Oversee time sheet collection and submission for student worker staff
- Minimum 2 years’ related experience.
- Ability to work independently but knowing when to ask for guidance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient in Social Media (i.e. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, HootSuite)
- Experience in customer service and ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- BA preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
In addition to a dynamic and progressive work environment, The New School offers a competitive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, retirement plans, flexible spending accounts and a tuition waiver. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and offer employee assistance services, health and well-being programs and over four weeks of vacation time per year.
Apply with us and discover the rewards and opportunities in working for a world-class, urban university.
Interested candidates must apply online at:https://careers.newschool.edu/postings/15605