2601 4th Avenue, Suite 800
The Public Policy & Finance Analyst provides technical and research assistance to local governments throughout Washington State, with an emphasis on public policy and financial/budgeting issues. This assistance includes, but is not limited to, direct phone calls and emails and written information on the MRSC website. This is a full-time position, but MRSC will consider part-time candidates. The Public Policy & Finance Analyst is part of our 5- member Policy and Finance team and reports to the Policy Manager/Planning Consultant.
- Respond to requests for information from Washington local governments on public policy and finance topics
- Conduct best practices and comparative research
- Maintain several MRSC topic webpages
- Coordinate with agency partners, such as Association of Washington Cities and Washington State Association of Counties
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years professional level experience working for a local government entity, research institution, nonprofit, or comparable organization, or a combination of related education and experience
- Knowledge of local government issues
- Excellent analytic, writing, and communication skills
- Passion for local government issues
- Collaborative working style
- Master’s degree in public policy, public administration, accounting, business administration, or a closely related degree.
- Two or more years of professional level experience in local government policy or budgeting, and the aptitude and interest in working with budgets and finance.
ABOUT MRSC. MRSC is a private nonprofit organization devoted to helping local governments in Washington State achieve success. We support effective local government through trusted consultation, research, training, and collaboration. We have an outstanding reputation for providing reliable, unbiased, trustworthy advice and information. We answer questions, collaborate with partner organizations, convene stakeholders, and disseminate information on featured practices and emerging issues.
OUR TEAM. Our 24-person team includes attorneys, policy and financial experts, local government professionals in planning and public works, communications specialists, program and accounting administrators, and information technology staff. We work on a collaborative basis.
STARTING SALARY. Starting salary is $55,000 – $65,400, depending on qualifications and experience. We offer excellent benefits, professional development, and a rewarding work environment. We offer excellent benefits, professional development, and a rewarding work environment. MRSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diverse life experiences and perspectives.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample by 5 pm on July 9, 2018 to Aimy Enriquez at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter, please indicate whether you are interested in working full-time or part-time.)