Reports To: Program Directors: Scattered Site and Congregate Programs
Objective: To assist the Program Director through oversight of all clinical aspects of the program.
Scope: Overall clinical supervisory role for staff in the conduct and facilitation of clinical assessments and referrals, community partnerships, and related educational activities in a residential emergency shelter program, including all service delivery efforts, administrative duties and tracking/ensuring compliance with all Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development (“DHCD”) standards, regulations and contractual obligations. This is an exempt, salaried position.
Program: Scattered Site and Congregate Programs
· Supervise and coordinate all clinical activities to ensure that quality, evidence-based, professional clinical services are provided to all clients.
· Maintain open and professional communication with all clients, staff and outside contacts.
· Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of clients and staff at all times.
· Develop, implement and review departmental policies and procedures to assure quality care and compliance with all pertinent laws and regulations.
· Provide clinical supervision to all assigned staff.
· Schedule, design, implement and maintain records of staff training and development activities.
· Conduct trainings and guide professional development for MHSA staff in relevant topic areas.
· Provide timely response and assessment for all clinical referrals.
· Assist with grant writing and fundraising activities.
· Prepare all necessary reports, participate and/or facilitate administrative and staff meetings, conduct weekly case conference, and participate in other meetings as assigned.
· Act as a liaison between MHSA and various outside agencies regarding clinical issues.
· Assist the Program Directors in ensuring that all required reports, records, and other materials concerning clients are complete, accurate and current. All records, reports and other materials shall be maintained in accordance with confidentiality laws and regulations, and MHSA standards.
· Provide direct client care as needed, including, but not limited to: clinical assessments, provider
referrals, crisis intervention, and assistance with emergency mental health incidents.
· Facilitate client educational classes and perform other duties of a Clinical Director as needed or assigned.
· Research, compile, and distribute information on pertinent community resources
· Coordinate and participate in the client disciplinary procedures.
· Ensure the consistent use of best practices and adherence to all current and updated regulatory requirements in the Clinical Director position and throughout the program.
· Abide by all MHSA policies, especially regarding boundaries, strict confidentiality and ethical
standards at all times.
· Attend in-service and outside training and instruction as directed by Program Directors or
· Various other responsibilities, as assigned by Program Director from time to time and/or as needed to ensure proper functioning of the Program.
· Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Public Health, or related field required.
· Fundamental knowledge of substance abuse, mental health disorders, and treatment options
· Familiarity with MA DHCD regulations required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
· Experience working with spreadsheets, databases and word processors required.
· Ability to work with a diverse population required.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team required.
· CPR, AED and First Aid Certification required (MHSA will provide training opportunity if
· Routine travel required.
· Demonstrated reliable attendance and punctual reporting for work required.
· Valid driver’s license
· Reliable Transportation
· Bilingual, especially English/Spanish preferred.
· Current licensure in a mental health field (LICSW, LCSW, LMHC, LADC) preferred.
· Three (3) to five (5) years clinical supervisory experience preferred.
Middlesex Human Service Agency, Inc (MHSA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include an introduction letter outlining the following topics:
- Knowledge of Boston Area mental health providers and resources
- Clinical oversight and direct client care experience
- Experience working with underprivileged families and/or communities
Qualified candidates should send cover letters and resumes to:
Name: Human Resources Department
Please note the position for which you are applying in the subject of your email.