Senior Adult Sexuality Educator - Bilingual Spanish/English
- Job posted by Planned Parenthood of New York City
26 Bleecker Street
Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking an Senior Adult Sexuality Educator to join our Education and Training Team.
The Senior Sexuality Educator will provide educational sexual and reproductive health workshops for English and Spanish-speaking participants of all ages, as well as help parents speak more comfortably and effectively with their children about sexuality and build stronger relationships with their children. Workshops will be informed by Adult Learning Theory and popular education principles, and the educator will provide content in culturally and linguistically sensitive ways, using a reproductive justice and trauma responsive lens. The educator will conduct workshops and perform outreach in various communities throughout NYC and make general referrals for other needs as possible. Key duties include preparing for and facilitating workshops, conducting outreach throughout the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and other NYC neighborhoods, working on community engagement initiatives as needed, and assisting in building and maintaining partnerships. The Senior Sexuality Educator will also assist with basic program administration.
It is an exciting and important time to work at Planned Parenthood of New York City. We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Working at PPNYC is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programming so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers, whether through our services, education or advocacy efforts, which prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
At PPNYC, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPNYC fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPNYC knows that our greatest asset is our people. We offer competitive compensation and robust benefits package to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the Senior Adult Sexuality Educator does:
- Successful completion of training provided by PPNYC on various sexual and reproductive health issues, outreach, and facilitation skills.
- Facilitate workshops for local parents/caregivers and other community members solo and/or co-facilitate with other Education & Training Department staff.
- Support planning, scheduling and confirming workshops, and outreach sessions, as needed.
- Promoting and providing referrals to PPNYC’s clinical, educational, and advocacy programs.
- Assist Coordinator in fostering partnerships with CBOs and schools, as well as presenting on community engagement programs throughout NYC.
- Assist with basic administrative duties. This may include collecting demographic and required data from workshop and training participants, completing program paperwork in a timely manner, preparing materials for workshops and outreach events, filing, setting up and breaking down special events, etc.
- Attend meetings and professional development training sessions as requested by supervisor.
- Coordinate and facilitate training for professionals and serve as a member of the Training Institute training team as needed and appropriate.
- Assist with other Education and Training department activities as needed.
- Work as a member of the Education Department staff and maintains high standards of professionalism. Represents the Department at selected internal and external meetings as needed.
- Perform other educational and experience related duties or projects as outlined by the Education Department’s annual Work Plan or as outlined in grant.
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English required.
- Requires one (1) to two (2) years of related and/or applicable experience and a demonstrated ability to effectively work with adults in targeted communities.
- Must be experienced in conducting/coordinating sexuality-related presentations.
- Evenings or weekends might be required. Travel around NYC is required.
- Requires an ability equal to that usually required for graduation from an accredited college or university with a Baccalaureate Degree in Education or Human Services field.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Are you interested in bringing your passion, commitment and expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please follow this link to submit your resume and cover letter. No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.