4245 Fairfax Drive
Arlington,Virginia,USA. Virginia is preferred but flexible location as long as incumbent can work on ET time zone.
The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Since our founding in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has protected more than 117 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide — and we operate more than 100 marine conservation projects globally. We have more than 1 million members and dedicated staff working in all 50 United States and more than 30 countries around the world — we are everywhere you want to be!
The Executive Assistant will perform a variety of high-level administrative tasks, including domestic and international travel arrangements, meeting and special events logistics, calendar management, drafting correspondence, and processing expenses. They must have advanced knowledge of the systems and resources utilized by the program in order to provide support and coordinate communications related to the resources. They will maintain, track, analyze, and report on key data for senior management. The Assistant III will provide guidance in satisfying requirements based on extensive knowledge of policies and procedures. They will adapt processes and implement recommended practices in order to improve effectiveness. They will provide recommendations and targeted training. They will communicate on behalf of their supervisor and will have substantial contact with stakeholders, including members of the board of directors, all levels of staff, donors, volunteers, vendors, and business relations. They will take on additional duties to enhance the work of the team. Such duties may include, but are not limited to, a more significant role in training, developing documentation, and/or enhancing the systems and tools used by the team.
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree 3 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination.
· Experience generating reports, and analyzing and interpreting data;
· Experience managing the schedule and contacts of a senior leader;
· Experience managing and implementing multiple projects;
· Experience with database management and current technology in relevant field; and
· Experience working across departments and cross-functional teams.
· Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated;
· Ability to manage and implement complex processes and diverse activities;
· Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results;
· Demonstrated experience using diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate staff;
· Experience coordinating projects;
· Experience interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results;
· Experience supervising staff, interns and/or volunteers;
· Strong organization skills, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks; and/or
· Successful experience implementing strategic program goals.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID# 46938 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST on October 31, 2018.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.