13420 Van Nuys Boulevard
Youth Policy Institute is a Los Angeles based Non-Profit is committed to transforming Los Angeles neighborhoods using a holistic approach to reduce poverty by ensuring families have access to high quality schools, wrap-around education and technology services, enabling a successful transition from cradle to college and career.
Business Service Representative (BSR) for Project imPACT will work as part of a team to provide employment services to formerly incarcerated individuals as part of PACTeam model to prepare clients for careers. Project imPACT serves the San Fernando Valley region through YPI's Workforce Development Department, providing employment services for formerly incarcerated adults (referred to as Fellows). Services are provided by a Business Services Representative, working with partners in the PACTeam (a legal services provider and mental health/substance abuse services provider). YPI services include: intake/assessment, peer mentorship/peer navigation, facilitating a cognitive behavioral therapy curriculum, employment services (job training/placement, soft skills development). The Business Services Representative for Project imPACT will help fellows to navigate life on the outside and will also have lived experience. This is an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those transitioning as well as their families and the community.
- Developing employment opportunities with re-entry friendly employers and providing the full array of business and employer services available at the AJCCs, with a concentration on benefiting the re-entry population served by
- Supporting Business Service Strategies and Initiatives: The imPACT BSR works in concert with the AJCC Business Services Team to support City identified business service strategies and initiatives such as, but not limited to, industry sector strategies, private-public partnership, and customized employment and talent management services. They broker On-the-Job Training (OJT) contracts and Customized Training, and any other business engagement and employer-driven training tools identified and/or approved by the city.
- Opportunities for unsubsidized employment, internships, and work based learning experiences that link to careers in high growth sectors.
- Brokering OJT contracts and customized training: and any other business engagement and training tools identified and/or approved by the
- Providing Customized Business Services: to employers, employer associations, or other such organizations, which are tailored for specific employers in relation to their work with identified re-entry populations.
- Conducting customized screening and referral: of qualified imPACT participants in training services to
- Providing customized services: to employers, employer associations, or other such organizations on re-entry employment-related
- Organizing customized recruitment events: and related services for employers including re-entry targeted job
- Providing human resource consultation services specific to hiring justice involved individuals: including, but not limited to, assistance with writing/reviewing job descriptions and employee handbooks; developing performance evaluation and personnel policies; creating orientation sessions for new workers; honing job interview techniques for efficiency and compliance; analyzing employee turnover; creating job accommodations and using assistive technologies; or explaining labor and employment laws to help employers comply with discrimination, wage/hour, and safety/health
- Providing customized labor market information: for specific employers, sectors, industries or clusters.
- Bachelor degree in social work or related field preferred.
- Must have formerly incarcerated background to apply.
- One-year experience providing case management services preferred.
- Demonstrate some knowledge of formerly incarcerated population, criminal justice landscape and key community based-organizations and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication written skills.
- Exceptional organizational skill; attention to detail; ability to prioritize; ability to meet deadlines; ability to multi-task; strong problem-solving ability.
- Experience working with individuals with diverse ethnic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Leadership experience working with community social service and health organizations strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus.
- WIOA knowledge preferred.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- If applicable, will be required to present current California driver license, proof of acceptable driving record (DMV H-6 printout), and liability auto insurance.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing outstanding customer service.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Self-starter organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to communicate openly and effectively with all staff
- Ability to maintain composure even in very difficult situations.
- Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Job requires being open to change and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Agency sponsored medical, dental, and vision coverage with percentage of paid premium for employee. Eligible dependents can also obtain coverage at an additional cost to the employee.
- Employer paid life insurance.
- Employer paid Employee Assistant Program.
- Option to participate in AFLAC.
- 401K retirement plan with up to 4% deferral matching profit sharing on contributions for all eligible employees.
- Thirteen annually paid holidays.
- Paid vacation and sick time off.
- Agency-issued laptop and case.
- Option to have company-issued cell phone or agency will pay monthly allowance to use your own phone for YPI business for eligible positions.
- Reimbursement of all mileage and travel costs.
- Access to training resources and materials.
- Monthly well-being challenges.
YPI's mission is to create opportunities for low-income families and communities through technology, education and training services
YPI is an equal opportunity employer
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Visit www.ypiusa.org to apply or click on link below. A completed application and resume are required for consideration.