2 Columbus Circle
The Museum of Arts and Design seeks an Associate Director of Individual Giving to expand the Museum’s individual support base in terms of headcount (number of donors) and dollars contributed. The Associate Director of Individual Giving works strategically and collaboratively with Museum leadership, development colleagues, other staff, and volunteers to raise funds for programmatic, operational, endowment, and capital priorities. The position reports to the Development Director and works closely with the membership team, database personnel, and the Special Events department. The successful candidate will have the ability to articulate MAD’s priorities and programs in ways that motivate individual donors and prospects to deepen their support of the Museum.
· Identify, cultivate, and solicit a portfolio of 100+ individual prospects and current donors.
· Drive cultivation and solicitation strategies to secure gifts in the $5,000–$100,000 range.
· Direct the $5K, $10K, and $25K individual patron groups, which offer tiered benefits with annual commitments.
· Collaborate with special events and membership staff to design a cultivation and rewards program for patrons; offerings may include artist studio visits, dialogues with collectors, and art centric-trips.
· Lead the annual fund appeal in close discussion with membership team.
· Pitch exhibition, education, operational, and capital needs to appropriate patrons.
· Manage major donor prospect tracking and budgets.
· Create inspiring donor messaging, from solicitations to acknowledgments.
· Co-host cultivation events that create opportunities for prospects to connect with the Museum.
· Help to organize and attend major donor trips as needed.
· Create major donor funding appeals, from renewals to acquisitions.
· Prepare gift acknowledgments in a timely manner.
- A minimum of 6 years of development experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A passion for the arts and culture
- Superb writing and speaking skills
- Friendly and professional manner
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Windows, Raiser’s Edge, and Excel preferred
ABOUT THE MUSEUM OF ARTS AND DESIGN
The Museum of Arts and Design (MAD) champions contemporary makers across creative fields and presents the work of artists, designers, and artisans who apply the highest level of ingenuity and skill. Since the Museum’s founding in 1956 by philanthropist and visionary Aileen Osborn Webb, MAD has celebrated all facets of making and the creative processes by which materials are transformed, from traditional techniques to cutting-edge technologies. Today, the Museum’s curatorial program builds upon a rich history of exhibitions that emphasize a cross-disciplinary approach to art and design, and reveals the workmanship behind the objects and environments that shape our everyday lives. MAD provides an international platform for practitioners who are influencing the direction of cultural production and driving twenty-first-century innovation, and fosters a participatory setting for visitors to have direct encounters with skilled making and compelling works of art and design.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note “Associate Director of Individual Giving” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
MAD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, Vietnam-era veteran or disabled veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status as provided by law.