8151 15th Ave
CASA is very pleased to announce the opening of an Executive Assistant position. The Executive Assistant (EA) will provide highly confidential administrative support to our Executive Director and members of our management team. This position fulfills a critical role within the organization and is closed involved in daily priorities of CASA as a whole. In this position, the EA coordinates schedules, meetings and other responsibilities as noted below. Additionally, the EA will be responsible for the coordination of scheduled meetings for both governing boards of CASA. This position requires working well with other staff as well as outside vendors.
Key traits to succeed in this role are: initiative, creative problem-solving, an interest in and pride in ownership of projects, tenacity, enthusiastic response to challenges and obstacles and a self-motivated learner. The top candidate will be highly motivated, exceedingly well-organized, and successful at building and maintaining trust with the Executive Director and other members of the Management Team. They will be process-oriented and possess the focus to maintain structure in a fast-paced environment, the flexibility to integrate seamlessly into diverse communication flows, and the capacity to effectively prioritize with little supervision. A keen eye for detail, a commitment to CASA's Mission, quality and consistency, composure under pressure, and a positive outlook are paramount.
If you enjoy working for a fast paced, socially conscience and community driven organization CASA is the place for you!
Specific duties include but not limited:
CASA & CASA in Action Board of Directors liaison (30%)
· Main liaison to CASA de Maryland (c3) and its sister organization CASA In Action (c4) Boards
· Create and distribute weekly newsletter and calendar of updates to internal and external stakeholders to ensure they are informed, as well as other periodic updates (breaking news, memos, etc.)
· Schedule periodic meetings between Board (c3) governance and finance committees, and Executive Staff
· Weekly conference call with CASA’s board president
- Maintain files of administrative documentation for CASA and CASA in Action
- Maintain Executive Director’s (ED) calendar and assist with scheduling Executive Team meetings, when necessary
- Organize the ED and executive team so they can accomplish daily tasks and long-term responsibilities.
- Draft reports and agenda, letters, emails, memos, and speeches or talking points
Event Coordination (15%)
- Lead logistical coordination of Board meetings, staff meetings, conferences, retreats and other meetings as necessary, includes onsite & offsite meeting locations with coordination of travel plans for meeting participants as needed
- Set up logistics for meetings, events, or conferences such as, securing conference room, ordering/ set-up of food & refreshments, providing necessary documents and communication materials, arrange audio visual support, helping to draft presentations/reports, and be able to translate all documents
Travel & Expenses (5%)
- Track, communicate, and prepare travel itineraries, reports, tickets and ticket information in a clear and easy to understand manner, negotiate hotel rates when necessary
- Reconcile ED’s travel expenses
Fiscal Responsibilities (10%)
- Credit card reports for COO and ED and miles reports
Other responsibilities (10%)
- Handle and screen incoming correspondence for ED (email, phone calls, mail)
- Take on special projects
- Personal assistance to ED
- Other duties as assigned by ED
Generous Benefits Package. Check out our recruitment page for more details.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual, Spanish/English - advanced proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Our process is simple:
To apply go to our website: https://wearecasa.org/join-us/
We look through the incoming resumes to see which ones best match our open jobs and contact the people we would like to learn more about. Unfortunately, we are unable to personally speak with everyone who sends us a resume, but please do not be discouraged if you do not hear from us. We will keep your resume/application on file for at least three months in case a future position matches your qualifications.
Please note that CASA does not accept unsolicited resumes and we will contact you only if you are shortlisted for further consideration, and that, given the large volume of applications we receive, some time may elapse before the selection process is complete. To be considered for a position, you must identify the requisition for which you are applying and for which you feel you are qualified. Submitting your resume for a specific requisition is the only way to make your resume accessible to CASA’s recruiting team and review by hiring managers.
CASA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
No phone calls please