The Juvenile Rights Practice has an opening for an Investigator. Investigators work with attorneys, social workers and other professional staff to investigate and prepare cases for court and provide quality representation to clients.
* Investigate matters, as per attorney or social worker request, in both child welfare and juvenile delinquency cases
* Locate and interviews witnesses
* Develop evidence to support legal cases
* Testify in court when necessary
* Serve process on documents such as motions and subpoenas compliant with the Consumer Protection Law and Rules
* Transport staff to and from case locations and provide accurate, detailed reports on investigations to attorney and social work staff
* Requires field work during office hours and some early morning, evening and weekend hours
* Other duties as assigned
Brooklyn - Juvenile Rights Practice Office
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* Must obtain and maintain a process server license
* Good listening and questioning skills
* Familiarity with MS Word and Excel
* Familiarity with borough neighborhoods
* Excellent writing skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Proficiency in languages other than English desired, but not required
* Ability to travel 95% of time
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required