3 Lafayette Avenue
The Mark Morris Dance Group seeks a creative, highly organized, resourceful, and enthusiastic team player with strong attention to detail to join its four-person marketing department. This dynamic and ever-growing department serves the full organization, encompassing the touring dance group, dance center, school, and community programs. The Marketing Assistant should be digitally-savvy, with some design and video editing knowledge, and have excellent communication, proofreading, and time-management skills. Our ideal candidate is motivated to produce quality work and is a flexible, forward-thinker who helps to generate new ideas and systems and gives others their respect and support.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Oversee the departmental system for filing and retrieving content - photographs, videos, press articles, press quotes, etc.
· Maintain supply and in-house distribution of printed marketing collateral
· Oversee design and update of in-house flyers and monthly class calendars
· Manage email databases and assist with the creation of marketing emails
· Collaborate with Web & Social Media Coordinator to manage content across main MMDG website and special microsites
· Work with Marketing & Communications Associate on press listings, pitches, maintenance of press kits, and other press assets
· Assist with research for marketing initiatives
· Manage marketing calendar
· Oversee the development of branded merchandise and collateral
· Assist with special projects - photo and film exhibits, book projects, etc.
- 1 year experience in marketing or public relations, preferably in the cultural sector
- An understanding of marketing principles
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
· Experience with various website CMS, including Wordpress, Squarespace and Wix
· Experience with email marketing platforms, ex. Mailchimp, Constant Contact, or similar
· An aesthetic eye and superb communication, writing, editing, and proofing skills
· Self-driven; able to multitask and meet deadlines
· Experience with a performing arts organization and/or a background in or love of dance is a plus
· Availability to work some late nights and weekends as needed
- Benefits package includes: Employee Health and Life insurance covered 100%, Flexible Spending Plan, voluntary vision and dental coverage, Pre-tax Commuter benefit and 403(b) retirement plan
- Access to the Wellness Center (on-site gym), free dance and fitness classes and subsidized studio rental rates at the Dance Center
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
· Resume outlining your education and experience
· Cover letter summarizing your relevant qualifications for this specific position
· Indicate Marketing Assistant in the subject line of the email
· Applications in electronic format accepted at email@example.com.