57 Suffolk Street
The Massachusetts Fair Housing Center (MFHC) is seeking a full-time Staff Attorney. MFHC is a private non-profit fair housing organization that serves Berkshire, Hampden, Hampshire, Franklin and Worcester Counties. Established in 1989, MFHC is the oldest fair housing agency in Massachusetts. Its mission is to end systemic housing discrimination through education, outreach, legal advocacy, housing counseling and enforcement.
• Represent victims of housing discrimination by investigating, developing and litigating fair housing cases before administrative agencies and in federal and state court;
• Supervise fair housing testing activities;
• Supervise law students, interns and volunteers;
• Conduct fair housing/fair lending educational workshops and seminars in a variety of settings;
• Maintain full and accurate case files and assist in maintaining data base for grant reporting;
• Assist with other projects as assigned.
• Licensed to practice law in Massachusetts or eligible for admission to Massachusetts bar by starting date
• Strong commitment to public interest law
• Superior writing skills
• Well organized with excellent attention to detail
• Training and/or public speaking experience
• Must have reliable transportation and the ability to travel in and out of state
• Computer literacy
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a small nonprofit environment
• Ability to work well with individuals of diverse backgrounds
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
• Experience with social media, Excel and Access a plus
health insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation time
Level of Language Proficiency
Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, writing sample, contact information for 3 professional references and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email is preferred but you may also submit requested documents via regular mail to:
Massachusetts Fair Housing Center, 57 Suffolk St. Holyoke, MA 01040.
This position will remain open until filled. Preferred start date is June 1, 2018.
The Massachusetts Fair Housing Center is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment that honors diversity. MFHC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information.