Social Media & Community Manager
- Job posted by JDC - American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, Inc.
220 E 42nd St.
JDC is seeking to hire an experienced social media marketer with hands-on experience building digital communities. The Social Media & Community Manager, a newly created position, will be responsible for managing and cultivating JDC’s social media communities and for amplifying the voice of our brand across the spectrum of social media channels in order to develop new audiences for JDC. They will work closely and collaboratively within the Marketing & Communications (Marcom) team on integrated campaigns, while owning social media and community management.
What will you do as a Social Media & Community Manager?
- Cultivate communities and maintain an active presence on all social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, YouTube, and Vimeo
- Conceptualize, execute, and report on social engagement strategies that align with the organizational content strategy
- Be the voice of JDC to potential users creating a positive brand experience in the early stages
- Answer comments and amplify positive sentiments in timely conversations on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.
- Identify and engage with community and brand advocates, turning users into passionate evangelists
- Keep up with, and explore ways to implement, relevant social media news, updates, tools, platforms, and best practices
- Identify and build relationships with relevant influencers, media, and partners
- Identify opportunities for new audiences
- Identify and recommend opportunities through user-generated content surrounding the brand
- Highlight trends, themes and memes to the rest of the Marcom team
- Align content with broader strategy, supporting key brand goals while resonating with target audiences
- Translate complex concepts and technical information into practical marketing language for the appropriate target audiences
- Report on engagement and retention
- Track and analyze metrics and generate reports that provide insights
Who is the Social Media & Community Manager?
- Lives social media, engagement, and digital community building and has in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective audiences and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Has in-depth knowledge of social media publishing, listening and analytics platforms and tools
- Active participant in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management
- Works across multiple teams and thrives in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Passionate about learning and fostering an employer’s target audiences
- Eager to identify and expand into new audiences
- Excellent writer and verbal communicator, with the ability to apply skills across a wide range of platforms
- Understands the importance of enforcing brand guidelines across a global organization to maintain the vibrancy and authenticity of the community
- Mission-driven, motivated by JDC’s global Jewish humanitarian work
What qualifications do you need to be the Social Media & Community Manager?
- A minimum of one year of digital/communications agency experience required
- Excellent communication skills, especially written communications
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) for social media, mobile apps and other web properties.
- Proficiency in social media management applications (e.g. Hubspot), online donation platforms (e.g. Classy) and Microsoft Office (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Great attention to detail
- Strong understanding of data and analytics
- Video and/or photo editing experience a plus
Why work at JDC?
- The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
- A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
- Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Together, we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of others
Equal Employment Opportunity
JDC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian organization, we are committed to treating people with compassion and respect. All qualified applications will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
What are the compensation and benefits for a Social Media & Community Manager?
- This a full-time, salaried position paid bi-weekly. This role is exempt per the FLSA.
- We offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package, including but not limited to:
- o 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employee coverage
- o PTO, including vacation days, sick and personal days, and Jewish and national holidays
- o 403(b) with JDC contributions of up to 6.5% of salary
- o Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), commuter benefits, and life insurance
- o Food Perks: Bagel Fridays in the winter, Ice Cream Fridays in the summer, and beverages/snacks in the office
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send your resume, salary expectations, and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject ‘Idealist, Social Media & Community Manager – FULL NAME’.
Join The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization. JDC works in around 70 countries and in Israel to alleviate hunger and hardship, rescue Jews in danger, create lasting connections to Jewish life, and help Israel overcome the social challenges of its most vulnerable citizens, both Jewish and non-Jewish. Our reach extends beyond the global Jewish community by providing immediate relief and long-term development support for victims of natural and man-made disasters worldwide.
JDC has over 100 years of experience providing social and humanitarian services to Jewish people. You can learn more about JDC at www.jdc.org.