Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
The Rabbinical Assembly, the international membership organization of Conservative rabbis is hiring an Administrative Assistant to help our organization better serve our members. This person will be a point of first contact between our membership and our professional staff as we transition to an increasingly member-led structure. They will play a key role in supporting the growing number of committee meetings and events hosted at our offices and at offsite locations.
- Serve as point of first contact for members and public including answering phones and executing correspondence
- Responding to queries and requests by members
- Coordinating logistics for meetings including: hotel reservations, travel budgets, meeting room reservations, and food ordering
- Maintaining membership database and ensuring data accuracy
- Supporting the work of multiple staff members
- BA, administrative/office experience
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to manage and execute numerous projects simultaneously
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Flexible and willing to work as part of a team
- Facility with content management systems a plus
- Knowledge of Hebrew, passion for Jewish life and culture a plus
About the Rabbinical Assembly:
The Rabbinical Assembly, first established in 1901 by graduates of the rabbinical school of the Jewish Theological Seminary, is the international association of Conservative/Masorti rabbis. Today its ranks include rabbis ordained at the seminaries of the Conservative/Masorti movement as well as rabbis of other accredited rabbinical schools who accept the tenets of Conservative Judaism. Its nearly 1,700 members serve as congregational rabbis, educators, military and hospital chaplains, professors of Judaica, and officers of communal service organizations throughout the world. While the majority of the men and women of the Assembly serve in the United States and Canada, more than ten percent of its rabbis serve in Israel and many of its rabbis serve in Latin America, in the countries of Europe, Australia and South Africa.
- Health Insurance
- Pension Contributions
- Jewish Holidays off
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org