1155 North State Street
Join the Non-GMO Project team and help build a non-GMO future! The Non-GMO Project is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented, creative professional to join our team as a full-time Marketing and Outreach Assistant. This position will be focused on supporting efforts to grow the outreach impact, engagement and revenue of the Non-GMO Project specifically through our exhibiting and fundraising efforts.
The successful candidate will be a high energy team member that is highly organized, detail-oriented, and excited about engaging people in the Non-GMO Project’s mission. Our new Marketing and Outreach Assistant will love to be of service to the team and excited to work in a fast-moving environment. Must have the ability to be proactive and able to stay on task with multiple projects and shifting deadlines. Preference will be given to candidates who have a demonstrated interest in helping to protect the future of our food supply.
- Responding to email inquiries
- Supporting the Non-GMO Project’s outreach at events through year-round oversight of deadlines and deliverables
- Creating engaging content for consumers and retailers, including blogs, electronic newsletters, and outreach materials
- Updating websites using WordPress
- Supporting the Marketing, Communications and Outreach team in meeting and exceeding deadlines
- Tracking and reporting marketing efforts
- General administrative duties
- Minimum 2 years related professional experience or relevant educational degree
- Excellent writing skills
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills, including strong editing experience
- Experience with event logistics, fundraising, and/or sales is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to interface successfully with a wide range of stakeholders, and problem solve with diplomacy
- Experience managing multiple projects in an energetic and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and think creatively, combined with a willingness to take direction and be a team player
- Working knowledge of the organic and natural products industry; including familiarity with major brands and retailers is a plus
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Familiarity with Dropbox, Google Drive and other organizational technology (Smartsheets, etc.)
- Must be able to work on site in Bellingham, WA
- Strong preference will be given to candidates who are aligned with Non-GMO Project's mission
Health, vision, dental, paid holidays, sick days and vacation
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position you wish to apply for in the subject line.
The Non-GMO Project is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including gender, race, ethnicity, veteran status, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, age, disability or national origin.