Details: Salary is up to $20/hour based on professional experience. Approximate expected work time is 15-20 hours per week with a flexible schedule. This position has the potential to expand to a full-time role beginning July 1, 2019.
5100 Falls Road
Village Square 1, Suite 177
Baltimore's Promise is seeking a part-time Office Manager/Executive Assistant to support the organization's office administration and meeting logistics. This position will report to the Executive Director.
Applicants should possess excellent organization and time management skills as well as the ability to complete tasks with close attention to detail, consistent follow-through, and strong task-tracking skills. Ideally, candidates will be collegial, dedicated, and patient and have experience supporting administrative functions and operations in the nonprofit and/or public sector environment with the desire to pursue a career in critical support functions.
About Baltimore's Promise
We are a city-wide collective impact organization composed of public sector, private sector, higher education, nonprofit, community, and philanthropic leaders. We serve as a catalyst for organizing efforts and resources around a shared vision: all Baltimore City youth will travel a safe, healthy, and successful educational path from cradle to career.
Working with partners who are passionate about making the city a better place to live, we use data and research grounded in community perspectives and residents’ lived experiences to identify and eliminate systems-level barriers that prevent young people from meeting critical outcomes across the following milestones:
- Babies are born healthy
- Children enter kindergarten ready to succeed in school
- Children and youth achieve at grade level in school
- Youth graduate high school prepared for the next step
- Youth are career ready
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Office Management (40%)
- Lead day-to-day office operations such as answering main line calls and handling voicemail, greeting visitors, receiving packages, and maintaining tidy common areas
- Organize staff meetings and maintain master calendar for the organization
- Coordinate office supply orders bi-weekly
- Sort invoices and route them to our fiscal agent for approval and payment
- Maintain login credentials for staff and organizational accounts
- Maintain staff shared drive (Dropbox)
- Serve as the point of contact for office vendors (Comcast, IT, Rental Company, etc.)
- Coordinate staff travel as needed
- Complete monthly credit card expense reports and memos
- Support hiring processes by managing job postings and scheduling interviews
- Manage organization’s email accounts and route messages to relevant staff person
- Manage organization’s social media accounts
Meeting and Special Event Support (40%)
- Coordinate workgroup meetings
- reserve space, assess AV/IT needs, communicate with points of contact, order catering, make meeting materials packets, etc.
- Keep meeting minutes and share internally for revisions
- Support board meetings
- Coordinate day-of logistics: maintain attendee lists, create name tents, order and oversee catering, print meeting packets
- Keep meeting minutes and share internally for revisions and board approval
Executive Assistance (20%)
Collaborate with Executive Director to maintain calendar and schedule meetings
This is a permanent part-time salaried position. No company benefits are offered.
Level of Language Proficiency
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Administrative professional with experience in similar contexts preferred
- Have the ability to plan, prioritize, and schedule work activities while managing time efficiently
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when routinely handling sensitive information
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills
- Have proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point), Google applications and other software as required. Dropbox and Adobe Acrobat experience preferred.
- Be familiar with Baltimore City’s public agencies including education (secondary and higher education), social services, and public health institutions
- Understand the social, racial, and economic context of Baltimore City and have the ability (or willingness to learn how) to apply a race equity and inclusion lens to all aspects of work
- Be dedicated to collective impact and collaborative processes
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter to Jasmyne Gilbert at with the subject line “[insert your name] - BP Office Manager/Executive Assistant Application” by 5 PM EST on Friday, August 31, 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baltimore’s Promise is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer all personnel actions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, status as an individual with a disability who is otherwise qualified to perform the essential functions of his or her position, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws. The Fund will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination, and any such conduct is prohibited.