108-25 62nd Drive
Borough of Queens
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
Queens Community House (QCH) is a multi-site, multi-service settlement house that serves the diverse population of Queens through a broad network of programs and services for Children and Youth, Adults and Families and Older Adults. We are a modern interpretation of the traditional settlement house, bringing to our work current best practices, cost-effective management, innovative leadership and a passion for social and economic justice. Our mission is to provide individuals and families with the tools to enrich their lives and build healthy, inclusive communities. We welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences, who are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change lives.
We are seeking a Director of Development. The Director of Development is responsible for creating and overseeing all aspects of a comprehensive annual development plan that responds to organizational goals and priorities. The position will work closely with the Executive Team, with the Board of Directors, and other senior leadership.
Special Event Planning:
- Plan and oversee 3-5 special events per year including an annual gala, online fundraisers, and donor cultivation events.
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors and its Development Committee to invite donors.
- Identify event honorees/corporate sponsors and pursue journal ad sales.
- Personally cultivate and solicit major donor prospects.
- Plan events to recruit new donors and recognize existing donors.
- Develop and implement strategies and programs for principal/major and planned gifts, including determining ongoing relationships with prospects/donors; recommending specific purpose and level of gift; identifying those to be involved in cultivation and subsequent solicitation; and assuring that solicitations are carried out.
- Oversee outreach strategy to donors and potential donors for Executive Director.
- Establish a planned giving program/strategy.
- Identify and build relationships with corporate sponsors.
- Create and pitch a menu of corporate sponsorship opportunities including the creation of a corporate giving program.
Donor tracking and communications:
- Implement and oversee a donor management system on Salesforce.
- Work with Communications Coordinator on communications such as email blasts and mailed letters to keep donors engaged and on marketing materials.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in nonprofit development or equivalent experience in business or marketing/sales with a track record of success.
- Proven ability to raise funds from individuals and corporations, as well as through special events.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of print, electronic and social media.
- Able to carry out duties with discretion, professionalism, and integrity.
- Self-motivated and resourceful, able to work independently as well as collaboratively with staff.
- Demonstrated creativity, entrepreneurial energy and a commitment to professional fundraising ethics.
- An ability to work on many fronts simultaneously, keeping both details and the big picture in mind.
- Commitment to understanding and supporting the QCH mission.
The schedule for this position will include some weekends and evenings.
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn annual leave days, sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization that looks to continually enrich the lives of our communities we serve. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter, including salary requirement, and resume with subject line “DoD” to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls. Resumes submitted without a formal cover letter will not be considered.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER v DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Minimum Education Required