The Director of Development Operations is a two-pronged position within the Resource Development Department responsible for two key functions: 1. Strategic operations support; 2. Database management. Core responsibilities include: facilitating collaboration to accomplish shared goals, managing internal systems and operations, gift processing, budgeting and reconciliation, constituent relations management, and overseeing the direct marketing program. The Director of Development Operations works to ensure the optimal use of Habitat NYC’s donor database and successful execution of its direct marketing program to maximize the institution’s fundraising success.
This position is both an autonomous and collaborative role, offering the flexibility to define how you execute on your day-day functions while working closely with the Resource Development, Finance and Marketing and Communications Departments. The Director of Development Operations will report directly to the VP of Resource Development and will work closely with the Development Operations Manager.
This is an exciting and unique time at Habitat NYC as we enter a strong growth period with our recent expansion into Westchester County. Join us and be a part of the movement to bring safe, decent and affordable housing to the communities who have called NYC and Westchester County home for generations.
Database, Operations, Analytics & Strategy (50%)
· Provide thought leadership to the Vice President, Resource Development. Responsible for formulating strategy and overseeing operations to achieve annual Development goals.
· Manage the Department’s Raiser’s Edge NXT software and vendor relationships for its full suite of BlackBaud products.
· Monitor and supervise gift processing and acknowledgment, database security, integrity and maintenance of its systems. This includes platforms for event management and on-line fundraising.
· Create and update reports to analyze giving trends and oversees donor research strategy.
· Proactively recommend, develop, and implements policies, procedures, and processes to improve fundraising efficiencies and internal controls.
· Work closely with the Vice President, Resource Development to manage budgets and forecasts.
· Other development operations-related duties as assigned.
Direct Marketing (25%)
· Oversee the direct marketing program.
· Contribute to improvements in project management methodologies and processes.
· Manage the Development Operations Manager.
· Oversee day-day relationships with external direct marketing consultants.
· Bachelor's degree plus three+ years’ experience with fundraising database management
· Raiser's Edge certification required
· 2 or more years related experience in direct marketing fundraising (mail and digital)
· Strong familiarity with fundraising best practices
· Attendance and punctuality essential
· Emotional intelligence, high integrity and a strong orientation towards customer service
· Proven ability to manage projects to completion and success
· Able to explain complex ideas in simple terms
· Superior training and collaboration skills
· Keen attention to detail and exceptional accuracy
In the near term, this position is currently being offered as 100% remote. Eventually we intend to re-engage our New York City office with a hybrid in-person and work-from-home model in order to better-build cross divisional strengths with team members.
Safety is our number one priority and our office is currently retrofitted with COVID-19 safety measures. Masks and other safety equipment will be supplied to all Habitat NYC staff upon our return.
The office is located at 111 John St. FL 23, New York, NY 10038.
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm EST, evenings and weekends as required
Careers at Habitat for Humanity New York City are challenging, rewarding and fulfilling. If you are interested in bringing your passion for the mission of Habitat for Humanity to the organization, please apply by sending a resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Habitat for Humanity New York City is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical handicap, veteran or marital status.
The Director of Development Operations is a two-pronged position within the Resource Development Department responsible for two key functions: 1. Strategic operations support; 2. Database management. Core…
Excellent Benefits package.
Excellent Benefits package.