Alt Moabit 91b
WIN is looking for a dynamic and experienced Executive Director, to be based in Berlin, Germany
The Water Integrity Network Association (WIN e.V.), dedicated to fighting corruption and promoting integrity in the water sector and registered in 2013 as a not for profit organization in Germany, is looking for an Executive Director to head the organization. Based in Berlin, they will report to the Supervisory Board and will lead a small and experienced multi-cultural team in building partnerships and alliances, raising resources, and implementing WIN’s strategic objectives.
WIN supports an open network of individuals, organizations, and governments working to improve water integrity worldwide. We research the impact of corruption and poor integrity in the water sector, and advocate for better governance. We also develop and promote tools for more Transparency, Accountability, Participation, and the introduction of Anti-corruption measures at all levels. WIN focuses on capacity development and risk prevention in programmes worldwide, with the aim of improving water sector performance and equity to the benefit of all, especially the most vulnerable. WIN has a small, multilingual and highly committed team to further our mission in close cooperation with partners in government, civil society, international organisations, and the private sector across the globe.
The WIN Executive Director is accountable for leadership and management of the Water Integrity Network Association and for high-level communications with strategic partners, donors, the WIN-Supervisory Board and Members, and high-level political actors. They are responsible for the strategic direction and integrated management of WIN and its team.
· The Association’s Executive Director is responsible for the judicial and extrajudicial representation of the Association and for the conduct of its business.
· Provide strategic leadership to WIN.
· Oversee the WIN budget and raise funds.
· Implement the decisions of the General Assembly and the Supervisory Board.
· Act as employer for the staff of the Association.
· Participate in the meetings of the Supervisory Board and the General Assembly in an advisory capacity.
· Ensure development of effective partnership with key strategic partner organisations and networks and WIN’s Members.
· Promoting WIN’s values internally and externally.
· A minimum of 10 years’ experience in international development programmes, preferably in the water sector
· At least 7 years of successful (people, financial and programmatic) management experience with multicultural teams
· In-depth experience in working on governance, preferably also on corruption and integrity issues
· Proven track record on fundraising
· Relevant post-graduate degree
· Experience in working in a developing country
· Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills
· Fluency in English; working knowledge of French, Spanish, or German desirable
· Knowledge of, and experience with, promoting gender equity desirable
· Experience with NGO campaigning desirable
Job Title: Executive Director
Contract: 3 year, renewable
Location: WIN office, Berlin, Germany
Reporting lines: Reports to the WIN Supervisory Board
Starting date: As soon as possible
Job grade: Executive Director
Remuneration: Depending upon experience, within WIN salary scale, grade V. Relocation allowance according to WIN e.V. rules.
We invite qualified candidates to submit via email a cover letter, expressing their motivation and qualifications, and a full CV, including references to: RecruitmentED@win-s.org. Any inquiries can be sent to this address, too. Applications will be treated strictly confidential.
Deadline for applications is 26 August 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WIN e.V. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about WIN, visit our website at http://www.waterintegritynetwork.net.
Minimum Education Required