Fugees Family, Inc, is hiring a Columbus, OH-based full-time Marketing and Communications Manager.
The Fugees Family operates an independent, community-based middle and high school, Fugees Academy that emphasizes academic and character development of refugee children. Our student body represents 22 different countries, including Burundi, Iraq, African Central Republic, Burma, and Syria. The school is in its eighth year, and is SAIS and SACS accredited. It blends creative teaching with academic fundamentals, interwoven with leadership and character building. The Fugees Academy packs a normal K-8 education into three years of middle school so that students are then ready for a college preparatory curriculum in high school.
The Fugees Academy serves a pressing need that is not currently being met by the traditional public education system – the education of refugee children in an environment where their unique academic challenges are understood. Through small classes, high expectations, and targeted instruction, Fugees Academy empowers the most vulnerable of students–child survivors of war—to become independent thinkers and high-achieving scholars. Working as a team both on and off the field, members of the Fugees Family community strive to support each other while working to achieve individual goals. We believe that this team mind-set nurtures and prepares young adults who will be the next generation of international and community leaders. The core design principles of the school include an extended school day, a low teacher-student-ratio, interactive instruction, a comprehensive tutoring program, a soccer-focused athletic program, and intensive wrap-around support services for students and their families.
The Fugees Academy is the first school in the United States dedicated to refugee education, The Fugees Family is currently in the process of planning to open its second 6-12 community school in Columbus, Ohio in the summer of 2018.
As the Marketing and Communications Manager, you will develop and execute the strategy to attract supporters and inspire actions that grow online revenue through our giving community. You will report to the CEO and focus on acquisition and retention of our grassroots supporters. You’ll work with the CEO to develop unforgettable and inspirational marketing campaigns to drive awareness and donor experiences to foster the community. You’ll identify new audiences and channels for growth. The successful applicant will be an exceptional critical thinker who is able to set a bold vision, develop strategies and an operational plan towards this vision, and skillfully manage team execution to achieve results. This individual must have a strong ability to build relationships and influence others, both internally and externally.
- Design and implement marketing campaigns focused on awareness and conversion, and advocate on the behalf of marketing
- Lead and analyze consumer engagement, conversions, and site traffic
- Utilize data and insights to continuously refine existing campaigns
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing initiatives
- Build outstanding lifecycle marketing tactics for onboarding, and retention
- Leverage user research to identify, develop, strengthen and evolve marketing initiatives
- Manage PR, customer service and community initiatives to drive awareness and engagement
- Track and communicate results to leadership and continuously hit revenue targets
Core Values & Competencies
ü You’re a true marketing generalist with a broad range of hands-on experience. You have a strong understanding of all online marketing channels (e.g. email, marketing automation, social media, display, affiliate, SEM and SEO).
ü You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced start-up environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
ü You’re meticulous. You know accuracy is important regardless of whether anyone is watching, and you strive for excellence in every detail
ü You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You propose solutions to problems. You have a proven ability to plan, lead, implement and track marketing projects from concept through implementation
ü You are customer service-oriented and passionate about giving every person who interacts with the organization a positive experience.
ü You have excellent oral and written communication skills
ü You’re diplomatic and sensitivity to different cultural situations
ü You have strong organizational and administrative skills
ü You’re a person of unquestionable character – high integrity, hardworking, honest
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 3 years of hands on digital marketing experience
- A proven track record of developing successful marketing campaigns
- Experience building and optimizing acquisition, loyalty marketing, and retention programs
- Experience developing and executing customer segmentation strategies
- Experience growing subscription and/or recurring products preferred
- A desire and talent to work with the CEO to design and bring innovative and creative marketing and growth campaigns to life
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically
- Previous experience working directly with data to drive decisions
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to work well cross-functionally
- The desire and ability to be thrifty and innovative, working with a very lean marketing budget to accomplish your goals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in the United States required
Location: Columbus, Ohio for the 2018-19 school year; on-boarding and training in Clarkston, Georgia
Start Date: March 2018
Benefits and Salary: The salary range for this position is $45,000-$50,000. In addition, a comprehensive health and dental package is included.
A comprehensive health and dental package is included.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should review our website www.fugeesfamily.org to ensure his or her professional goals and educational philosophy align with the Fugees Family. Please send your resume and cover letter to CEO, Luma Mufleh, at email@example.com. Be sure to indicate which position you are applying for. Email is the preferred mode of communication – no phone calls please.
The Fugees Family is an equal opportunity employer. Fugees Family is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from those with a refugee/immigrant background, women, and minorities.