Details: salary commensurate with experience
500 Riverside Drive
Position Title: Bursar Services Associate
Reports To: Assistant Director, Bursar Services
Under the guidance of the Assistant Director of Bursar Services, attend to the operations of the Riverside Front Desk while providing services to the Residents and Guests of International House.
- Ensure thorough and accurate entry and posting of charges and credits related to guest and resident accounts (arrival, occupancy, and departure) and administrative accounts.
- Check in Permanent Residents, post charges and explain charges and provide statement of account.
- Ensure that all Guest payments are taken 7 days in advance as per the movement report.
· Provide exceptional customer service to Residents and Guests by handling all their complaints and queries or by directing them to the right department
· Knowledge of the operations of the House and the location of different amenities in the House.
· Balancing of the daily banking slip; ensure security of Front Desk safes and cash drawers as well as maintenance of all room keys.
· Administer the following dining credit accounts: Extra Dining Money .
· Provide welcoming hospitality and customer service to all incoming residents and guests, check-in and check-out procedures, knowledge of all scheduled public events, signing in of guests.
· Prepare and analyze accounts following residents’ departures.
· Prepare refunds of security deposits.
· Maintain Arrival and Departure sheets for the Claremont Desk, including making I.D. and room keys for late arrivals.
In addition to the performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be determined by the supervisor based on the particular requirements of the House.
Performs other duties as requested, such as:
· Register walk-in guests.
· Represent Bursar Services at internal office meetings.
· Handle projects as requested.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the policies established by International House is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Due to the cyclical nature of activities during the academic year, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the needs of the office and/or the House.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with the policies and procedures established by International House to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Bursar Services Associates must possess the ability to read and follow written and oral instructions in English.
- They must be able to learn and use work related technology applications.
Excellent employee benefits and perks.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com with “Bursar Services Associate” in the subject line. The application deadline is Oct. 26, 2018 (or until the position is filled).