The Assistant Archivist will work with the Archivist in protecting and preserving the 2000+ linear feet of records of enduring value to the Parish of Trinity Church, thereby documenting the Parish’s continued pursuit of its mission. They will also assist in the design and management of a new Records Management program, perform archival processing and reference duties, and help promote Trinity’s Archives to a wider audience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arrange and describe records to ensure their preservation and accessibility to archives users.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and administration of organization-wide electronic and physical records management program.
- Field and respond to archival reference requests accurately and in a timely manner.
- Facilitate access to archival holdings for all users, including internal Trinity staff and the public.
- Promote the Church holdings and archival practice through workshops, talks, tours, presentations, and exhibitions at Trinity and through professional organizations.
- Serve as internal resource for historical, financial, legal, and administrative information about Trinity.
- Adhere to confidentiality rules of the Archives and all other Trinity Wall Street policies, procedures and rules.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promotes Trinity’s mission and core values.
- Assume other related responsibilities and special projects as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Thorough understanding of contemporary archival standards and records management principles and practices.
- Proficient in relevant technology, including digital projects, archival content management systems and electronic records management systems.
- Knowledge of New York and religious history.
- Experience arranging and describing archival collections.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills; must demonstrate flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities, simultaneously.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with records management programs and systems.
- Experience managing born-digital electronic records.
- Experience with Microsoft Sharepoint
- Certified Archivist designation
REQUIRED EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
- MLS degree with concentration in archives or comparable degree from an ALA-accredited graduate program
- A minimum of three-years professional experience in an archives or manuscripts repository
Trinity Church Wall Street offers competitive wages, and eligible team members receive a rich collection of benefits, programs, and perks including:
- Excellent group health coverage with Trinity-paid premiums
- Life insurance and Trinity-paid short- and long-term disability coverage
- A retirement savings plan with institution match after 3 months of employment
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Employee events, wellness programs, professional development, and training opportunities
- Undergraduate tuition assistance
- Summer flex schedule (in some departments)
- Employee discounts and NYC attraction passes
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please complete and online application here: