Reports to: Deputy Director
Applicants will be trained.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential duties of the position may be
- Professional experience in housing, community organizing, independent living, long term care, and/or disability rights strongly
- Knowledge of state and local housing policies, practices, laws and issues impacting seniors and people with disabilities
- Willingness and ability to readily respond to changing circumstances and expectations.
- Personal experience with disability a
Responsibilities· Identify independent housing opportunities for unstably housed individuals who are either in an inpatient setting or unstably housed in the community.
- Assist eligible participants through all steps necessary for enrollment and admission, including: acquiring eligibility documentation, filling out housing applications, obtaining household goods and/or support for moving expenses, completing unit inspections,
- Responsibility for the establishment and delivery of Individualized Service Plans (ISP) with a focus on person-centered planning to meet the needs of RTH program participants to live independently, including but not limited to linkages to community resources, budgeting, transportation, and health care referrals.
- Collaborate with applicants and/or his/her Independent Living Specialist, Transition Specialist, Service Coordinator (SC), Nursing Home Discharge Planner, Care Manager (CM), natural support, or advocate to ensure a support services plan is in place for program
- Conduct follow-up after subsidy is initiated including but not limited to verifying occupancy of unit, continued eligibility for program, and assist in completing energy assistance applications and revisions of ISPs.
- Work to identify landlords, public housing, and private housing in the region which may be suitable for individuals enrolled in the program in the
- Maintain a list of available housing in the region, including degree of accessibility, location, proximity to services, and rental
- Attend trainings and perform other duties as requested by the Deputy Director or Executive Director.
- Good attitude and willing to take instructions from various sources.
- Track and report on all activities using the statewide project
BILS is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workforce. We strongly encourage individuals with disabilities, women, racial/ethnic minorities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We seek all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year