Data Analyst- National (Oakland)
About College Track
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the academic, financial, and social-emotional barriers that prevent low-income and first-generation students from earning their college degree. In 1997, we started with 25 students in East Palo Alto, and today, we have ten centers located in underserved communities across California, Colorado, Louisiana, and the D.C. Metro Area with more than 3,000 students on the path to upward social mobility.
To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.org
College Track students graduate from college at a rate that is more than double the national average for low-income and first-generation students. Five years out of college, our graduates are employed full-time, and over 85% report earnings greater than their parents. By helping our students maximize the value of their four-year college degree, which includes minimizing student loan debt, securing internships, and limiting the need to work while in college--we prepare them to succeed in the 21st century economy.
At College Track, our values drive the way we do our work, and we look for individuals who share our passion. We blend an entrepreneurial spirit with our nonprofit roots, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone's contributions are valued and encouraged.
- COMMITMENT: We have an unwavering belief in our students.
- PASSION: We are dedicated to changing our nation's college completion story.
- JOY: We create environments rich with smiles and laughter.
- AUTHENTICITY: We believe relationships matter.
- EXCELLENCE: Our students deserve nothing but the best.
The Organizational Performance ("OP") team's mission is to improve the organization's performance through the use of information. Its main internal constituents are program leadership (CEO, VP Programs, Executive Directors, Site Directors and Program Directors), the Development team and the Board of Directors. To serve these constituents well, the OP team must maintain an intimate understanding of the current program, contribute to defining, monitoring, and improving the current program, and support site staff in sustaining the necessary data habits that ensure timely and valid data entry. This requires building and maintaining a technology infrastructure for determining and communicating the impact College Track has on students and if applicable, schools and communities. The team is brand new and growing. The OP team is led by the Vice President of Organizational Performance and currently supported Data Analysts.
The Data Analyst reports to the Vice President of Organizational Performance and supports the team in implementing College Track's performance management protocols in service to internal constituents-primarily the sites, the Program team and the Development team. The Analyst is responsible for supporting the department in identifying and analyzing programmatic trends and outcomes, generating funder reports to articulate and communicate these findings, and responding to requests from the sites about how we can improve outcomes for students. The Data Analyst plays a key role in ensuring data integrity and accuracy across the national network.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the regular running of funder reports (public and private), data quality reports and internal performance management dashboards
- Supports department in addressing ad hoc requests from sites, Development team, and the National Leadership Team for grant reporting, board reporting and other external reports
- Supports department to quantify and communicate College Track's current and future impact
- Maintains high level of customer service and support for all College Track employees
- Able to problem-solve effectively with all levels and functions within the organization
- Collaborates effectively across all roles in the organization and has the ability to translate nitty-gritty detail to organizational and program strategy
Data Collection and Quality Assurance
- Supports the department to implement and monitor College Track's data habits and performance management processes across the national network
- Supports database integrity tasks, auditing and cleaning up duplicate records, transferring over archived data, etc.
- Supports the department by providing data analysis and raising concerns as they relate to data quality and compliance
- Manages a subset of processes, by coordinating and importing records, documenting processes, monitoring data entry and trends, and analyzing inefficiencies
- Supports department in training new and existing staff
- Provides support and guidance to Data Interns on specified projects
Skills & Experience Required
First and foremost, the Data Analyst must embrace the College Track vision of transforming low-income communities into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms. Additionally, candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum four-year college degree, preferably with a quantitative focus or component
- Experience with handling data to facilitate decision making, ensuring accuracy of the data, presenting the data to highlight findings, and moving people to action
- Database enthusiasm required; Salesforce experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills necessary; experience with programming (R, Python, SQL) a plus
- Proactive, resourceful and persistent; seeks solutions and takes initiative and focuses on delivering outcomes despite obstacles
- Demonstrated supportive, collaborative and problem-solving attitude, continuously looks for ways to reduce the data entry burden on site staff
- Excellent time management skills
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization's compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Please upload a resume and a thoughtful cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
Minimum Education Required