Details: Salary at mid to high $40K dependent on experience.
5515 Doyle Street
The Event Planner will coordinate with the various Program Managers including Pact’s Family Camp Director to manage two Camps (one on each coast) that include 400 attendees with programs for both adults and children running concurrently for one week and with the Director of Development to plan an annual Fall Gala. Additionally, the Event Planner will coordinate our yearly 2-day California Adoption Conference (CAC) and other smaller workshops and events mostly in northern and/or southern California. The person who fills this position will have the exciting opportunity to engage with the clients across Pact’s various program areas.
This Event Planner will work an average of 40 hours a week, and may have some weeks where additional hours may be necessary. The candidate will also be expected to attend both the West and East Coast Pact Camps (generally, the first week of July and the first week of August respectively), a few weekend education and support events throughout the year, and the annual Fall Gala. Pact expects this position to have moderate travel.
This position’s FLMA status is exempt. Pact follows the Federal E.E.O.C. guidelines in the hiring process and celebrates diversity in its staff team.
- Pre-event and on-site coordinator for all logistical aspects of each event
- Coordinate registrations for Pact’s education and support events
- Work to manage site rentals, caterers, speakers and presenters, and other vendors associated with event management
- Manage and coordinate with event speakers and presenters including travel, presentation notes & contracts and participant information and rooming, when relevant.
- Responsible for managing event budgets, tracking contracts, invoice due dates, deposits, etc.
- Attend events and handle onsite logistics such as registrations, caterer, signage, and the distribution of participant materials
- Manage event volunteers and their various roles and responsibilities
This position is entitled to benefits consistent with full time employment. Pact offers employee healthcare, retirement matching (after the first year), and vacation/sick hour accruals.
Level of Language Proficiency
The ideal candidate will have at least three to five years in event planning and will be able to articulate an understanding and commitment to Pact’s mission. The successful candidate will possess both strong customer service skills and have a strong ability to coordinate logistics in fast-paced situations. Experience in SalesForce, Apple Computers, InDesign, Google Forms/Docs and Microsoft Office (particularly with Word and Excel) a plus. Candidates with Salesforce experience are strongly encouraged to apply. The Event Coordinator will have to be to lift up to twenty pounds.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to: David Allen, Director of Development and Operations at email@example.com. Please include a paragraph in your cover letter on why contributing to Pact’s mission would be meaningful to you. Candidates may call Pact’s offices at 510-243-9460 with inquires of further information. Given the importance of finding the ideal candidate, Pact has a flexible timeline to fill this position.