Position Title:Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Department/Program: Mental Health Services
Reports To: Gill Mental Health Clinic Director/Medical Director of Mental Health Services
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
As a member of the multidisciplinary team at the Gill Mental Health Clinic, the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for providing psychiatric evaluations and psychopharmacological evaluation and treatment. As an expert professional, the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will be responsible and accountable for the application of the nursing process, medication psycho-education, case documentation, discharge planning, coordination of treatment with other care providers as appropriate and patient care management across the healthcare continuum from preventative, acute care through discharge. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner contributes to Bay Cove’s mission by ensuring the services they deliver at the Gill Mental Health Clinic are consistent with the agency goal of partnering with Persons to work towards personal goals in order to achieve greater independence and improved quality of life. This is an exempt position.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Provides sound and quality psychiatric evaluation and ongoing psycho-pharmacological treatment
- Maintains updated clinical records of services and contacts with clients as specified by and within the timeframes of the policies and procedures of the clinic and by the standards of regulatory and funding agencies. This includes but is not limited to psychiatric evaluations, treatment plans, progress notes with recommended course of treatment, and discharge summaries when applicable
- Complies with productivity standards as established by the clinic director/agency.
- Coordinates treatment with other involved parties as appropriate (i.e. medical treaters (PCP), outpatient therapists, other service providers, significant client supports, etc.)
- Participates in staff meetings, clinical case reviews, case conferences, etc. as an integral member of the multidisciplinary team at the Gill Mental Health Clinic
- Performs recommended ADA/APA antipsychotic health monitoring and routine blood levels for evaluation medication levels and administers injectable psychiatric medication to patients as needed
- Completes or assists in the completion of relevant client-related documentations like disability determination applications, guardianship affidavits, etc.
- Attends all training and psychiatry supervision required by Bay Cove Human Services and/or the Clinic
- Maintains professional licensure and professional competency by attending educational and professional activities such as conferences, seminars, training etc. pertinent to the population served and the clinical work conducted
- Participates in the clinic’s effort to meet Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) goals and other treatment initiatives
- Provides coverage when needed for other psychiatric prescribers at the Gill Clinic and in Bay Cove’s MH services
Requirements for the position:
- Master's degree in nursing required. Completion of an accredited educational program for nurse practitioners required, with specialization in adult mental health.
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts with authorization by the Board of Registration in Nursing to practice in an expanded role.
- Registered with the ANCC or other accrediting organization for Nurse Practitioners with certification in adult mental health.
- Registered with the State of Massachusetts and DEA for prescription writing privileges.
- Experience in working with the target population; low income, uninsured and uninsured adults with serious mental health challenges and/or substance use disorders
- High degree of personal organization, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Professional writing and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in word processing and other computer functions using Windows, Word, and Google Email and Apps.
- Use of personal cellular telephone for work communication.
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply, pay differential offered for candidates with fluency in certain essential languages.
- Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency.
- Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals.
- Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and advocacy.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
- Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholders/ partners