Women Deliver is a leading global advocacy organization. We build capacity, forge partnerships, create networks, develop messages and catalyze actions that spark political commitment and investment in the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women throughout the world. We bring together diverse voices and interests to share solutions and drive progress in gender equality and maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights.
Summary of Position:
The Senior Associate, Humanitarian Advocacy will play a programmatic role in Women Deliver’s bold new initiative aimed at making meaningful gains in humanitarian action on girls and women.
The Senior Associate will report to the Senior Manager, Humanitarian Advocacy and will be a member of the Policy and Advocacy team. This role will help implement a humanitarian advocacy program initiative focused on empowering and elevating women-focused CSOs to drive humanitarian action that puts the needs of girls and women in humanitarian settings at the forefront. The Sr. Associate will support the development of sustained partnerships with women-focused CSOs in a humanitarian setting to achieve normative change in humanitarian policy and practice. CSO partners will receive mentoring, training and technical support to become strong advocates for girls and women’s health, rights, and wellbeing, and will be offered access to the platforms to ensure that their voices reach strategic stakeholders at regional, and global levels.
- Serves as project coordinator for programmatic work focused on empowering and elevating women-focused CSOs to drive humanitarian action.
- Travels to country of implementation, sometimes with the Senior Manager and sometimes independently.
- Works closely with the Senior Manager in the mapping and selection of CSOs.
- Supports the development of training materials for skills building workshops, webinars, and workshops to CSOs to improve their skills in advocacy, communications, and program management.
- Supports the delivery of training and skills building workshops through webinars, workshops, and on-the-job support.
- Coordinates the CSOs’ participation in speaking engagements, events, and meetings at regional and international levels.
- Collaborates with partner organizations in development of events and meetings.
- Interfaces and coordinate the development of sub-grants, as needed.
- Represents Women Deliver in coalitions, working groups, meetings, and at events.
- Supports the preparation and implementation of humanitarian-focused events at the 2019 Women Deliver Conference.
- Coordinates activities between teams at Women Deliver.
- Other activities as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- 4-6 years of professional experience in the humanitarian sector, including no less than 2 years of field-based humanitarian aid work focused on advocacy, programming, and/or coordination.
- Knowledge of key issues in sexual and reproductive health and rights, gender equality, gender-based violence, and girls’ and women’s empowerment in emergency contexts.
- Experience in policy and advocacy, preferably at the international level with the United Nations and governments.
- Strong understanding of humanitarian architecture, key stakeholders, and duty-bearers.
- Ability to monitor and oversee work of sub-grantees and vendors.
- Ability to work in diverse, cross-cultural environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to travel internationally required.
- Excellent attention to detail and project management experience.
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and conduct work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and a track record of consistently delivering high-quality work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Word and Excel, familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
- Skills to work in one language in addition to English required, French and/or Arabic.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Level of Language Proficiency
Skills to work in one language in addition to English required, French and/or Arabic
Minimum Education Required