Details: Salary is commensurate with experience
413 East 144th Street
Brilla Public Charter Schools
The primary responsibility of the Community Relations and Student Recruitment Manager is to ensure that all Brilla schools meet student application and enrollment targets in addition to cultivating a positive relationships with the community we serve. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an experienced candidate to apply developed and successful strategies in student recruitment and student outreach, as part of a mission-driven organization dedicated to academic excellence and support. The Community Relations and Student Recruitment Manager will be a contributor to the sustainability of the school’s strategic direction and growth. The successful candidate will be a strong administrator with a proven track record of successfully meeting deadlines and deliverables, as well as have the ability to work independently and expediently on project-based initiatives. They will have the drive and energy to thrive in a results-focused, no excuses, entrepreneurial environment. The ideal candidate will have experience in student recruitment, working under tight deadlines, and be able to navigate systems and organizations of scale and complexity without sacrificing thoroughness and detail. The Student Recruitment Manager will report to the Network Director of Operations and be able to work with dedicated social entrepreneurs who are making a positive impact on the educational opportunities for previously underserved children.
Level of Language Proficiency
Core Competencies & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Network Director of Operations to create a plan to secure 2,000+ student applications annually
- Attend recruitment fairs and community events; prepare marketing materials; coordinate staff
- Coordinate and conduct open houses, student tours, and Admissions Celebration event
- Along with marketing team, create promotional materials to attract new families; develop strategic plan for marketing, including sourcing advertisement options
- Coordinate community presenters and resources for our currently families during our monthly Coffee and Conversations meetings.
- Create, update, and deliver presentations to prospective families
- Assist in coordinating the implementation of the new student lottery in compliance with State law and maintain student waiting list.
- Support Operations Managers as needed in the school’s enrollment process in its entirety: Notify families we received their application with a personal email, or letter, and/or phone call; conduct regular and ongoing outreach to applicants and families; extend seat offers to parents once the lottery is complete and actively manage the waitlist
- Assist in providing the vision and strategic direction for student recruitment management, marketing and communication with Network Director of Operations
- Design, implement, and monitor the student recruitment plan, including student recruitment targets, student recruitment objectives, tactics and strategies
- Develop strategic community partnerships within Community School Districts 7, 8 and 9 in addition to political leaders as needed to build mission driven awareness .
- Process and implement data management projects as needed
- Maintain and verify student enrollment and full-time equivalent numbers at all times
- Oversee and facilitate the coordination of home visits which will include but not be limited to organizing materials, schedule, following up with unresponsive families and sending out welcome packets to newly enrolled families
- Active engagement of students during summer months, per plans created in coordination with the Superintendent and Principals
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years working experience in a customer service or admissions field
- Fluency in Spanish Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with admissions software or database ideal
Minimum Education Required