256 West 38th Street
Job Path supports people with developmental disabilities as they make choices about their lives and play valued roles in their communities. Job Path encourages people to explore what they want out of life and to chart their own journeys. Whether it’s finding a job, making a contribution in a volunteer role, establishing a home, or being part of the community, the goal is to assist the person to lead a full and active life.
Job Path is seeking a creative and energetic person to work with participants in Job Path’s Supported Employment program to customize jobs for the people we support.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following tasks:
- Visit the home and community and interview teachers and parents to implement a discovery process whereby Job path learns the strengths and challenges of an individual.
- Create a vocational profile for participants served and a portfolio which describes the participant in text and pictures for potential employers.
- Provide job development and on-the-job training and support.
- Work with employers and organizations to customize jobs that meet the employers’ needs and capitalize on the skills and talents of individual participants.
- Provide ongoing job coaching support to individuals with significant development disabilities at their worksites.
- Work with employers to guarantee their satisfaction with Job Path.
- Provide documentation of all services rendered and guarantee all regulatory requirements are being met.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and at least one year of experience working with individuals with special needs or in job development
*Please note: Only applicants we feel meet requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview. No calls please. Please choose one method of submission.
**Job Path is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on races, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, employment, or citizenship status.**
Health insurance, dental insurance, STD/LTD/Life & AD&D, Work/Life Assistance Program (EAP), ability to contribute to pre-tax commuter and medical FSA plans, 403b pension with employer match after two years of employment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please submit your resume, dates of availability, and cover letter via our jobs board:
Or, send via fax to 212-921-5342 or mail to:
Job Path Attn: Aimee Althoff 256 West 38th Street 2nd Floor New York, NY 10018
- Please note: Only applicants we feel meet requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview. No calls please.