District of Columbia
Capital Partners for Education (CPE) is in its 25th year of supporting low-income students. CPE mentors low-income high school and college students in the academic middle from the Washington, D.C. area to provide the skills and experiences they need to successfully complete college and to excel in the workforce. CPE’s student body has tripled in size over the last five years and through one-to-one mentoring and guidance from CPE staff, CPE’s high school graduates have enrolled in college at a rate of 97% and complete college at twice the rate of their low-income peers.
The Evaluation and Research Manager position is a part of CPE’s newly created data and evaluation team. The data and evaluation team, consisting of two positions, oversees CPE’s work around data collection and interpretation, organizational learning and evaluation, systems and software management, and research and analysis. The team also creates regular reports designed to share information throughout the CPE community and with other key stakeholders.
The Evaluation and Research Manager leads the organization’s data, evaluation and research efforts. S/he is a strategic, collaborative and impact-focused professional with strong data, research and evaluation skills. The Evaluation and Research Manager works with CPE staff to determine and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), evaluate programmatic effectiveness and recommend adjustments, and conduct research to support organizational priorities. The Evaluation and Research Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer and manages the Database Administrator.
Learning and Evaluation
- Design and oversee the implementation of CPE’s evaluation systems to ensure timely and accurate collection, analysis and reporting of data on progress towards organizational objectives
- Collect qualitative and quantitative data using a range of methodologies including survey instruments, stakeholder focus groups, interviews, and observations
- In collaboration with the senior team, design and determine appropriate goals and KPIs for program and internal outcomes. Ensure alignment of evaluation protocols with overall organizational strategy
- Provide guidance, oversight, and trainings to staff on topics such as data collection techniques, measurement tools and analysis, and reporting best practices
- Conduct programmatic evaluations, analyze results and develop recommendations/suggest adjustments as needed in collaboration with program staff
- Develop strategies and manage processes to improve participant engagement in research and evaluation activities
- Support communications efforts to create data-driven marketing materials
- Manage the Database Administrator
- Scan the education and mentoring fields for new data and research
- Conduct research and draft original reports as needed
- Respond to requests for data, research, or other related information for donor reporting and outreach
· Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
· Passion for serving CPE’s target population and enhancing economic mobility through education, both individually and as part of a high-performing team
· 2+ years of relevant experience designing and implementing evaluation plans, data analysis and social science research
· Proficiency in statistical software programs
· Understanding of how to design and implement data management systems, preferably in Salesforce
· Ability to communicate technical information to other staff with varying levels of technical expertise
· Curiosity and passion about data and data visualization
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Experience with descriptive statistics, probability, and managing data sets
· Enjoys collaborating with others in team environment
· Eager to learn in a fast-paced environment
· Previous supervisory experience preferred
Your salary will be commensurate with your experience and abilities.
Your benefits will be comprehensive and will include:
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance;
· 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching available;
· Life and disability insurance with premiums fully funded by CPE;
· Paid time off, including vacation, official holidays, and office closure at year-end;
· Fully paid membership at local gym;
· Flexible spending account
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please include salary requirements. Thank you for considering this opportunity with CPE.