Now in its second century, Audubon is dedicated to protecting birds and other wildlife and the habitat that supports them. Audubon’s mission is engaging people in bird conservation on a hemispheric scale through science, policy, education and on-the-ground conservation action. By mobilizing and aligning its network of Chapters, Centers, State and Important Bird Area programs in the four major migratory flyways in the Americas, the organization will bring the full power of Audubon to bear on protecting common and threatened bird species and the critical habitat they need to survive. And as part of BirdLife International, Audubon will join people in over 100 in-country organizations all working to protect a network of Important Bird Areas around the world, leveraging the impact of actions they take at a local level. What defines Audubon’s unique value is a powerful grassroots network of nearly 500 local chapters, 23 state offices, 41 Audubon Centers, Important Bird Area Programs in 50 states, and 700 staff across the country. Audubon is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
<iframe class="ql-video" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/221752246?title=0&amp;byline=0&api=1&player_id=vimeo_id_0" height="126" width="224"></iframe>
Reporting to the Vice President of Audience Engagement, the Email Marketing Manager is charged with helping to spearhead the implementation of innovative strategies and tactics to ensure Audubon reaches and engages target audiences with effective email communications.
The ideal candidate will be a creative and dynamic writer who will bring an analytical approach to content creation and have experience building and deploying emails within an CRM.
They will be responsible for growing Audubon’s engagement email and messaging programs as measured by engaging target audience and steadily increasing active email subscribers.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join an organization in a great period of growth and is interested in serving in a highly visible role across Audubon – regularly interfacing with key advocacy, science, network, and fundraising teams to ensure email communications support organizational goals.
Candidates should include a cover letter when applying to this position.
- Manage and own engagement-focused email communications, including content creation, analysis, and reporting.
- Conceptualize email themes, write email copy, edit copy, and design email layout.
- Work within Audubon’s existing eCRM to build and deploy emails to specific segments.
- Develop data-driven, audience-specific content, recommendations, and delivery tactics by regularly reviewing analytics.
- Execute A/B and segmentation testing.
- Develop dashboards to measure Audubon’s email effectiveness across multiple audiences.
- Support digital lead generation efforts.
- Develop and contribute to marketing plans that improve digital engagement and ultimately increase donors and advocates.
- Periodically produce emails for other departments, as needed.
- Advise state programs on best practices for writing and designing emails.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Vice President.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field and 5-7 years’ in digital marketing, including demonstrated experience using content management and analytics systems, required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Excellent writing skills with a knack for online communications and crafting messaging for multiple, specific audiences.
- A self-starter, one who is a creative, analytical thinker and is able to work cross-departmentally and cross-functionally on integrated initiatives.
- Tech-savviness, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn how to use tools to manage online communications. Experience deploying emails within an eCRM such as EveryAction, Drupal, and Google Analytics, HTML and Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
- Previous experience at a non-profit with an advocacy-related mission desired.
- Commitment to mission and values of the National Audubon Society, as well as a personal interest in helping to further the organization’s efforts to create a more equitable, diverse, and inclusive environment.
We offer an array of competitive benefits to meet the diverse needs of staff. Our comprehensive benefit program includes:
· Cigna medical coverage, including Health Savings Account (HSA) options, teledoc coverage
· Cigna dental coverage
· VSP vision coverage
· Audubon Wellness Program
· Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
· Life and AD&D insurance
· Income protection and Long- term Disability coverage
· 403(b) retirement savings plan
· Business and foreign travel coverage
· Identity theft protection
· Commuter benefits
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Generous paid time off and observed holidays
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please click on the URL below: