Details: commensurate with experience
NPower is a high-performing leader in providing pathways to successful digital careers for veterans and young adults from underserved communities across the US and Canada. NPower’s award winning training programs use curriculum informed by senior industry leaders and labor market trends. On average, NPower graduates 85% of enrolled students, and has over an 80% rate of success for employment or continued education within 6 months of graduation. Notable corporate partners include Symantec, Cisco, Bank of America, Citi, CBS, JPMorgan Chase, and HP.
We address many of the primary barriers that our veteran and young adult community confront. Beyond free technical classes, our career training programs provide in-demand certifications within weeks, paid internships, professional networking and mentorship with business leaders, soft skills coaching, connection to social services, job placement assistance, transit assistance and an opportunity for graduates to give back to the program via our professional volunteer network. We provide ongoing career coaching, advanced certifications, and leadership development for our alumni, ensuring that we are developing true pathways for long-term success for our students.
If you have a passion for helping people grow, develop themselves, and better their lives and their community this opportunity is for you. The Internship Placement Manager will be responsible for sourcing and matching students with internships for NPower program participants. They will manage corporate and non-profit partner relationships, working to renew and expand internship opportunities by engaging partners. Additionally, this position assists students with professional and job search preparation activities. A comfort level in helping NPower develop business relationships with revenue potential is crucial, as is thinking critically and creatively about whom to approach for business opportunities and how to position NPower.
Successful candidates will be self-starters who have a proven track record of success and can lay a strong foundation for securing and sustaining high numbers of internships, as well as providing support and professional development for NPower students. You will be able to leverage existing partnerships and new resources in Brooklyn and the surrounding boroughs, as well as, follow up on leads generated by leadership and strategic partnerships.
· Manage and develop relationships with current and prospective internship site hosts
· Market internship program to the workforce community
· Prospect/cold call and face-to-face meetings with internship site hosts
· Match participants’ skills, technical performance/ experience and interests to internship opportunities
· Consistently meet monthly paid internship placement goals and provide monthly statistical reports
· Coordinate and participate in various events, activities and fairs on topics related to internship planning and placement
· Facilitate overall process and internship agreements (MOU)
· Act as first point of contact for partners regarding student matters
· Manage invoices and payment process for both students and participating organizations
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· 2-4 years’ experience selling staffing, recruiting or other human capital related services
· Comfort level in researching, identifying and approaching new business prospects
· Capacity to participate in networking and industry events where opportunities for partnerships may develop
· 1-3 years’ experience in lead generation and development of internships
· A passion for helping people grow, develop themselves, and better their lives and their community.
· Dedicated to achieving personal, team, and organizational goals through time management, data analysis, focused communications, teamwork, and continuous learning.
· Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills
· Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage
· Short term disability coverage
· 403(b) retirement plan with company match
· Company provided life insurance
· Dependent care flexible spending accounts
· Medical flexible spending accounts
· Commuter benefits
· 3 weeks’ vacation first 2 years, 4 weeks’ after two full years
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a resume to
As an equal opportunity employer, NPower encourages diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.